Apple cider vinegar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarcoated

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Is apple cider vinegar safe for diabetics? I've been told by a friend it can help to lower or stop blood sugar spikes after meals.

Yes it is safe but it's effect is almost certainly overrated if indeed it has any effect at all. I use ACV (with the mother) myself on a daily basis because I believe it improves my gut health but I really am extremely skeptical about any BG benefits.

In which way does it help your gut health?
My have stomach issues like excess acid & sluggish movement. I take kefir daily & actimel but not found much benefit.
I guess it would be overrated in helping keep blood sugars low....oh well

Like Kefir unfiltered ACV with "the mother" contains natural healthy live bacteria but I can't quantify how much difference, if any, that makes to my gut health. I take it in a morning drink with psyllium husk and chia seeds and whether it is a combination of any/all of those things together with my low carb diet but my morning bowel movements have never been so good, consistent and easy, so I am happy to continue with this morning ritual drink.

I use various vinegars on my salad stuff and just enjoy the tang - it might be beneficial in some way other than flavour enhancing, but I could not swear to it as I was diagnosed in the autumn and did not get a meter to test BG until the following year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back