Apidra pen problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, can anyone help/advise please.
Has anybody experienced problems with their Apidra pen?
I have got 4 pens now that will not allow me to dial or inject. Sometimes when at zero it simply will not allow me to use the dial, on other occasions it will allow me to dial the dose but not deliver it, just jamming.
I have previously injected by using another new needle or two, so thought the needles were faulty, or worse I had lumps under the skin, but then when a new pen will not dial...
Any ideas or suggestions please
Numpty alert, thsnks

I am not sure if the Apidra pen is similar to the Novopen Echo, but with the latter, you can only dial up a dose if the button to dial up and release the dose is released ie not depressed. So you need to pull the button on the end of the pen out a couple of mm to dial up the dose and then depress it again to inject. Apologies if I am over simplifying things.
Do you always do an air shot before injecting?

Also, just looking back at your previous posts, I see you were having difficulty getting Libre prescribed. I hope you have now been issued with Libre sensors on prescription and if not, please ask again because the only requirement is that you have to be Type 1 on multiple daily doses of insulin. Be persistent because you absolutely should have access to this technology now and most of us have found it an absolute gamechanger.

Thanks guys.
The pen is the Solostar so is different.
Yes, I now have Libre 2 on prescription, love it.
Had one Dexcom 1 on trial last week. Goog things and not so good things about it.

I’ve never had a problem, I use lantus in the solostar pen and apidra in the juniorstar pen.

If it won’t dial up the dose that usually means there’s not enough insulin in the pen for the dose you’re dialling, can you see enough insulin in it? The only reason I’ve had for the dial jamming during injecting is the needle isn’t on correctly. If you take off the needle is it straight or bent?

Have you tried a pen from a new box? If this has happened for 4 pens from different boxes I’d call Sanofi or your DSN to talk through the problems as there may be potential for user error. If they’re all from the same box and you’ve used it fine before, perhaps an issue with the batch though I’ve used Sanofi insulin for 14 years and never had an issue with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back