Cal33

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Imonly on victoza
9 on waking NO MATTER WHAT I EAT
12 after coorect dinner goes down to 9 later
Anyone else got these numbers?
Cant tolerate metformin??.

Well, Victoza is an utterly different in every way, drug to anything else and hence cannot be compared to any other form of treatment used for diabetes whether it's metformin, gliclazide, insulin or anything else. It was 'all the rage' a couple of years ago, when new on the market but I haven't heard anyone mention it recently - but hopefully the title of you enquiry will provoke some responses that will help!

Sorry I can't provide that,

I think most who are on this type of drug are on other things as well.

Imonly on victoza
9 on waking NO MATTER WHAT I EAT
12 after coorect dinner goes down to 9 later
Anyone else got these numbers?
Cant tolerate metformin??.
Welcome to the forum @Cal33

Sorry to hear that your BG levels are remaining stubbornly higher than you want them Cal

It would be worth speaking to your GP surgery about reviewing your medication.

Also it would be worth taking a look at what you are eating, and trying to reduce the amount of total Carbohydrate (not just sugar) that you are eating.

Keeping a food diary, and estimating the total carbs in meals can be a great starting point.

I am on victoza have been for years , Im awaiting other stuff and about to go on insulin but before I was the consultant did mention that there are newer forms of the medication that are more effective might be worth speaking to your doctor, as there is a weekly injection , I also remember when I started victoza they told me it works best of given with something else like Metformin or one of the other tablet forms

I am on victoza have been for years , Im awaiting other stuff and about to go on insulin but before I was the consultant did mention that there are newer forms of the medication that are more effective might be worth speaking to your doctor, as there is a weekly injection , I also remember when I started victoza they told me it works best of given with something else like Metformin or one of the other tablet forms
The thread starter said they can't tolerate Metformin!

The thread starter said they can't tolerate Metformin!
I am aware of that but it isn't the only tablet treatment and victoza seems to work better when given with something else , I also said she should talk to her doctor !!

Back