Anyone used both Medtrum and an Ominipod patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardS

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I recently stopped using the Medtrum patch and one thing that I had significant issue with all the time I was using it was my skin's reaction to the adhesive used.

I've been offered to go with Omnipod instead (I like the patch pumps and would much prefer to avoid tubed designs - used them for 12 years) and I have requested the sample kit to try out but if anyone has tried both did you notice any difference in your skin's reaction between the two?

I realise everyone's different so your experience won't necessarily mimic my own.

I have only used the Medtrum and, like you, I have a reaction to the adhesive used. However, I have been ok using the under patches that they provide on request.

Medtrum is the only patch pump available at my clinic so I am not able to compare the OmniPod.
I have heard of others experiencing problems with the OmniPod adhesive but not anyone who has also tried the Medtrum.

Functionally, I would prefer the OmniPod because it provides HCL with Dexcom whereas Medtrum still only provides auto-suspend and that is only with their own CGM.
On the other hand, the Medtrum is smaller and I do not know if OmniPod has a phone app yet.

Like you, I prefer to avoid reverting back to the tubed pumps which I previously used.

OmniPod not on the phone yet, still PDM which isn’t ideal but works.

Only used OmniPod but I do have sensitive skin and no issues for me.

Thank you @helli. I use the Decom G6 CGM and with that I suffer no skin reaction at all (best outcome purely for me would be if the Omnipod uses the same adhesive!).

I do feel very fortunate that my diabetes care team have made many possible pumps available because One Size rarely fits All,

Thank you @helli. I use the Decom G6 CGM and with that I suffer no skin reaction at all (best outcome purely for me would be if the Omnipod uses the same adhesive!).

I do feel very fortunate that my diabetes care team have made many possible pumps available because One Size rarely fits All,
Yes, I felt the same, my team have 5. I can't remember all, I only considered the T slim and this, and because of rugby I went with omnipod.

But if I could have HCL I would give up the patch pumps for tubes.

Hope you get on with the sample pod, keep us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back