anyone use a wii to excercise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

traceycat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i was thinking of buying a nindendo wii an a fittness board to help me excercise, ive already bought an excercise bike, rowing machine and keep fit dvd, i just need to keep motavited and finding it realy hard espessaly as my feet are realy painfull at the moment. does anyone use a wii and would you recomend it. thanks xxx

Hi there I use the wii but not the wii fit, i do wii sports and hula hooping lol it is very good and a load of fun, id reccommend it highly

Hi there I use the wii but not the wii fit, i do wii sports and hula hooping lol it is very good and a load of fun, id reccommend it highly

ohh so you can use a wii to excercise without having to buy the board? i dont know much about them at all, but it sounds like great fun.

ohh so you can use a wii to excercise without having to buy the board? i dont know much about them at all, but it sounds like great fun.

Well in a sense yeah as your moving around quite vicorously(sp?) When doing the hula hooping i can get in quite a state lol.

Steff, what ARE you using to Hula Hoop if you haven't got the balance board?! I'm fascinated! :D I know the Wii pretty well, and I wasn't aware that you could do that without Wii Fit and the balance board.

I'd recommend getting the balance board and Wii Fit Plus. They're pretty good, and have good profile and weight trackers, which are useful 🙂

I don't have one yet, but it's on my list of things to buy as soon as I get a job. I get the occasional use of a friend's one and it's great I love it.

Steff, what ARE you using to Hula Hoop if you haven't got the balance board?! I'm fascinated! :D I know the Wii pretty well, and I wasn't aware that you could do that without Wii Fit and the balance board.

I'd recommend getting the balance board and Wii Fit Plus. They're pretty good, and have good profile and weight trackers, which are useful 🙂

MY wii has no accsessories to it but my sons/OH's does so when he is at school i tend to do the hula hooping as he would not be seen dead doing it with me.

Don't have a Wii fit, but I did buy some real hula hoops to use outside when it's warm with little feller. We spend more time laughing at each other being silly than using the hoops, but laughter is great exercise too!

Don't have a Wii fit, but I did buy some real hula hoops to use outside when it's warm with little feller. We spend more time laughing at each other being silly than using the hoops, but laughter is great exercise too!

Very true Caroline, i bought my skipping ropes a few weeks back and i love them, my son also skips with me as well, mind he looks better when he skips then i do :D

a few weeks ago i bought a game called family zone, you just hook it up to your tv, it has loads of games on it, long jump, jogging, dance mat aerobics etc, its a mat and you do everything with your feet and it shows up on the tv, it cost 40pound in argos. its realy great fun but i found that after being on it for awhile my feet got realy sore and hot so im still wanting to buy a wii an give it a go

I have a Wii and find that Wii sports resort and sports is a good workout, well it is for someone unfit like me.. would like to get the Wii fit plus at some stage.

I love my wii fit and wii sports resort. I try to do 20 to 30 mins a day on mine :D x

The big pro; wifit plus is enjoyable and I use it if I'm not doing any other exercise that day or just for fun. If you do exercise you wouldn't have otherwise done then it must be good but I think there are also some cons.
I think the yoga/muscle exercises are good for balance and posture but there is no way of knowing if you are doing them correctly or not. You can certainly get away with not doing the jacknives correctly. According to the wifit I must have phenomenal abs... I certainly haven't.
I don't do the jogging on the spot its not like running and I'm a bit wary of getting an injury from doing it.
Calorie wise most of the activities don't use as many as a brisk walk or doing the hoovering.
I've got another exercise program, My Fitness coach which is far more energetic . It doesn't use the balance board . It needs a fair bit of room and is more like an exercise video with a few extras.

Last edited:
My friend and I have just started using Wii and Wii fit to exercise. My calf muscles are killing me!!

I treated myself to a Wii a few weeks ago. I don't have Wii fit (but my sister SWEARS by hers), but I play tennis all the time, and I also got "Just Dance" (or is it "Let's Dance"?) where you copy dance routines, that's a fairly good workout for someone as lazy and unfit as me!! But Tennis is fab - in between games I do victory (or otherwise, lol) routines whilst waiting for the next game to start, either marching round the room, or arm raising type stuff, just to add a bit extra 'oomph' to it, lol.

xx

i too have a Wii fit and although i haven't used it for a while i was only thinking the other day i will start using it again and use it on the days that i don't do my walking. I personally enjoy the jogging as it is cardiovascular and i like the fact that you can weigh yourself, check out your BMI and there is a chart which graphs how well you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back