Anyone remember BBC doc a few years ago in which diabetics demo'd some interesting facts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It was on a little while ago now and I have lost the recording. There was one item where they sounded an alarm every hour (I think) and everyone had to go outside for ten minutes. They could do anything as long as they were on their feet.

As I'm home based at the moment, I'd like to give this a try. Does anyone remember the details? Has/is anyone doing it?

TIA,

Mark

These days, you can likely set your watch to remind you to get up regularly. Don't remember the doc at all.

Can't see the benefit, to be honest. Mind you, I can't stay on my feet for 10 minutes.

Hi Mike, I forgot to mention that there was a fairly dramatic, counterintuitive drop in blood glucose for all the participants. That's why I'm keen to try it.

Hi Mike, I forgot to mention that there was a fairly dramatic, counterintuitive drop in blood glucose for all the participants. That's why I'm keen to try it.

If you’re working on a computer or similar, you can set an alarm on that. I used to have one to remind me to look away from the screen and take a short break.

Or how about a standing desk? (Not that I fancy that!)

Good idea, though I think I need a full sized robot to drag me outside when the alarm goes off.

I'm presently perfecting my design for a 'fully reclined' computer... 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back