Anyone reacted to Epaderm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkGeordie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I was prescribed that for my feet.

Used it last few nights.

My feet are fine. However my hands have reacted after applying.

They are red, itchy, sore, feel numb, and tight.

I was prescribed that for my feet.

Used it last few nights.

My feet are fine. However my hands have reacted after applying.

They are red, itchy, sore, feel numb, and tight.
It sounds like an allergic reaction but odd it's only on your hands not your feet.
It should make sure you wash your hands after applying or maybe not use it until you speak to the pharmacist.
You could try an antihistamine if you can tolerate them but do ask them.
You may need to ask your GP for something different for your feet and report the reaction to your hands asap.

Yeah I wash my hands anyway and taken antihistamines. Not really helped. Going to pop along to Boots tomorrow and speak with the pharmacist.

I stopped using it but then this morning my feet have a rash too.

Spoke to pharmacist, she confirmed it’s an allergic reaction, advised to continue with antihistamine and ask GP for alternative foot cream.

I stopped using it but then this morning my feet have a rash too.

Spoke to pharmacist, she confirmed it’s an allergic reaction, advised to continue with antihistamine and ask GP for alternative foot cream.
I had an allergic reaction to the Compore dressing they put over my knee surgery wound post healing but to give protection but it gave me a horrendous rash all down my leg. My GP gave me hydrocortisone and fusidic acid cream which cleared it up in about 10 days. So you may need something to clear up the rash then a different cream for long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back