Anyone planning any time away?

HenryBennett

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
You must have heard of the chap who was a dyslexic, insomniac, agnostic?
He’d lie awake at night wondering if there is a dog.

scousebird

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Looks like we can go (caravan etc, with own sanitary/hygiene facilities only) rallying from 1st Aug s/to whatever occurs during July, so may have a go at that in Aug. Haven't decided yet.
We are going to a temporary holiday site this weekend.

Been away a couple of times in our motorhome, completely self contained and hoping to go to France in September but whether we'll be allowed is yet to be seen.

atoll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
You must have heard of the chap who was a dyslexic, insomniac, agnostic?
He’d lie awake at night wondering if there is a dog.
no ,but i learned you should never take a laxative and a sleeping tablet at the same time if you are an insomniac.........

Emma1978

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We have 5 days booked in Lyme Regis. We chose to return there as we knew we could have a lovely week without having to use the car once we got there. Unfortunately it’s bound to be busy as it’s small and much loved. Hoping to access some local info on where nearby is likely to be quieter to visit with two kids

Lindarose

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Out long awaited holiday to Tenerife was cancelled the day before at the end of March. So we booked a premier inn at Matlock in the Peak District For a few days instead and had a fantastic break walking and enjoying the remoteness. It was just before lockdown and things were definitely quiet
And we’re going to Buxton in the peaks in August again just for a few days.
Like so many others I’ve worked through lockdown and really looking forward to anither mini break. Hoping to see waterfalls and not too many people.
We’re so lucky living in Norfolk but it’s good to see other places too. The bit I hate though is taking our cat to the cattery. She’s used to sleeping on my pillow at night and I feel so guilty!
But she will get spoilt on our return!

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yup, weve got 3 weeks in Scotland coming up lockdowns permitting.
I would very carefully check whether you will be able to do that. Different country, different rules. The government has already asked that nobody who lives in or has passed through areas of England where coronavirus is still active should go to Scotland.

There are slightly relaxed rules - social distancing is still the norm, but in restaurants you won’t be able to eat without providing your contact details. That’s just one example of differences. There are no rules on distance travelled within Scotland, and I don’t know if ferries to the islands are operating normally. As I said, you’ll have to carefully check all the rules.

The aim in Scotland is to eliminate the virus completely, and the people are on board with that. In that effort, it may well be that at the time you travel, non essential journeys into Scotland could be banned.

Gappy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had a couple of nights away in Devon recently. A lot of places were shut but I wandered around and I did get to an otter park. To me distance is the biggest defence, if I saw a crowded pub I walked on to somewhere else. This common sense is your best defence as the track and trace is flawed. Of the 3 pubs I went into (or more accurately sat outside) none gave me their details so if I fell ill, just like any other customer, I can't tell them so others remain uninformed. That being said, it was so nice to get away and staying in this country I supported the economy and felt safer as I know the risks and advice here.