Anyone on the forum use or know anything about Shea butter products

Status
Not open for further replies.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Read summat this morning reckoning its ace for dry skin - and I also wondered about nails since it's said to be excellent for hair, which of course is also keratin?

I love them but find hemp products given better moisture for my very dry skin.

Read summat this morning reckoning its ace for dry skin - and I also wondered about nails since it's said to be excellent for hair, which of course is also keratin?

I use a lot of Shea Butter overseas, where my skin is under assault from the sun. In UK, I find the same products to be mainly a bit heavy, although in the heat they also soften up a bit more.

I use it for my hair its magic nothing has worked on my hair before its a leave in conditioner i use very cheap and none sticky or greasy

You may laugh, and am ashamed to admit it, but years ago tried it on toast once as it was lying around, disgusting! Sue, my dearly departed wife couldn't stop laughing for weeks. :(

By an amazing coincidence I got some goats milk soap "enriched with pure Shea butter" as a chrissie present today. Smells nice & I'm expecting that it will transform my lizard-like old hide into a smooth youthful silkiness in short order.

I make my own balms and salves and have used shea butter and it is lovely but I generally use cocoa butter instead as I prefer the smell (raw shea butter can smell quite farmy). Shop bought shea butter products might only have a tiny bit in so check the amount. Basically anything you use regularly on your skin will help and then it’s just personal taste and what suits you as to which is best. For nails I think cuticle health is more important than trying to feed the actual nails themselves so any oil, balm or butter that you massage into the cuticles will help nails grow stronger and use hand cream (I really like the l’occitane shea butter one as it happens).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back