Anyone in need of Optium Exceed ketone test strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelha

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello

Shiv's post gave me an idea. I have 6 boxes of Optium Exceed ketone test strips thanks to errors in my prescriptions. There is no way I will get through all of them before the expiry dates. Could anyone else do with some?

Thanks

Rachel

Last edited:
Hello

Shiv's post gave me an idea. I have 6 boxes of Optium Exceed test strips thanks to errors in my prescriptions. There is no way I will get through all of them before the expiry dates. Could anyone else do with some?

Thanks

Rachel

No but I also have some strips going for a OneTouch UltraEasy and other OneTouch products. Can always get photos if wanted!

Rachel,

Hi. I could always use more strips if you have extra. I feel like i spend most of my days at the GPs putting in repeat prescriptions.

How are you getting on?

Just realised I had not said that these are ketone test strips not glucose ones. Is it possible for any admins to put ketones into the post title??

Rachel,

Hi. I could always use more strips if you have extra. I feel like i spend most of my days at the GPs putting in repeat prescriptions.

How are you getting on?

i understand about being in the GP loads, but i thought it would be good if we could help out the guys who normally have to pay for their strips. wait, do you have to pay for yours in scotland? sorry if i've got the wrong end of the stick!

oh. thankfully dont need lots of them but since i've only got keytostix i would love a box.

Shiv,

Just seen your post and you are absolutely right. I forget some people have to pay for strips. It's terrible.

Shiv - yes some people do have to pay for prescriptions in Scotland. I think at the moment it is the same as in Scotland.

If there is anyone currently buying ketone test strips themselves, they will definitely be first on the list, but also I just dont want them to end up out of date and going in the bin.

I have some boxes of the ketone ones too.
Never use them , one box is more than enough for me.

So if anybody wants them they are free to a good home 🙂

Another alternative place for unwanted supplies is to donate to IDDT for use overseas (sorry, unable to cut & paste URL with this browser). They only mention blood glucose test strips, not ketones, but probably worth contacting them to check.

I agree with the other posts in that those that have to pay come first...but....i too wouldn't mind having a box as never used them before. We are trying for a bamibino 😉 and therefore wonder if one box only would be needed for me in anycase.
Thank you Bernie xx 🙂

I agree with the other posts in that those that have to pay come first...but....i too wouldn't mind having a box as never used them before. We are trying for a bamibino 😉 and therefore wonder if one box only would be needed for me in anycase.
Thank you Bernie xx 🙂

Bernie - I was given my optimum exceed meter and prescription for the ketone stips specifically when I started ttc, so that I would be easily able to measure ketones, as they are particularly bad for babies. You should ask your clinic about it until you manage to do that I will happily send you a box. Can you pm me your address.

Bernie - I was given my optimum exceed meter and prescription for the ketone stips specifically when I started ttc, so that I would be easily able to measure ketones, as they are particularly bad for babies. You should ask your clinic about it until you manage to do that I will happily send you a box. Can you pm me your address.

Thank you Rachel....that's news to me as well so I have learnt something...again 🙂 Thanks for letting me know....i'll send you a mail and get on the case with what you have said (my clinic is pretty poor, sad to say) but will get asking when i have a spare minute...thank youuuuuu Bernie x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back