Anyone had this issue with Libre 2 before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy2202

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Now this is for every senser I’ve ever had, not just the current one I’m wearing.

The red hazard symbol telling me alarms are not available - when in fact majority of the time they do work.

Trouble is, it’s always at the back of my mind it’s always niggling away that the alarm isn’t going to work - which is defeating the object really.

I’ve just been offered to upgrade to dexcom by my consultant, even if just to trail it first to see how I get on before changing my prescription.

Attachments

• 33A05A41-A6C7-4F59-A6CF-B93F5ED6464B.png
    33A05A41-A6C7-4F59-A6CF-B93F5ED6464B.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 399FF9F8-1643-47DB-BA87-61EF66480F38.jpeg
    399FF9F8-1643-47DB-BA87-61EF66480F38.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 10
I haven't had that exact message but I've certainly been warned that alarms won't work because of some unspecified permissions problem, when in fact they worked fine. (I presume it's because my phone is a bit old so has an older Android version and permissions are one thing that's changed between versions.)

I had this for a while. Can't remember what fixed it, but it was put down to the fact that the database had been created for Libre 1 and subsequently upgraded to Libre 2, and that message cropped up at that point. I just ignored it, but something that happened cleared the error. Just can't remember what:( .

mine do that intermittently too
they didn't go off this morning with a 3.9 scan (mine are set for 4.5) 🙄

generally, with this sort of android app sensor stuff.

1. use a well-known make of phone, ideally new or nearly new, make sure it's in spec but also, for ease of use, make sure it's comfortably in spec.
2. do not use phones where the android os is out of updates
3. make sure you regularly update all apps. mine runs updates every week.

generally, with this sort of android app sensor stuff.

1. use a well-known make of phone, ideally new or nearly new, make sure it's in spec but also, for ease of use, make sure it's comfortably in spec.
2. do not use phones where the android os is out of updates
3. make sure you regularly update all apps. mine runs updates every week.
I use I phone 12 with IOS 16

I use I phone 12 with IOS 16
just a thought - have you tried deinstalling/reinstalling the app?

libre2 uses bluetooth and near field and there have been problems reported using those on that device. Websites may not cite your actual problem but maybe run through the suggestions? A quick GIS showed lots of hits.

checkout https://discussions.apple.com to see if similar issues have been reported / fixes

I had the same messages. I even had a random alarm - that isn't in the manual - for a while. It would sound again and again and again, just randomly...It was SO annoying, I changed the alarm to a funny whistling noise so that it wouldn't wind me up.
I now have the Libre 2 reader - with alarms, yay!
Good luck with the Dexcom One - my mobile wasn't compatible with the app, so I'm sticking with the Libre. :D

It dies that with me too, normally goes away fairly quickly

Mine used to show that but if i scanned it would disappear. However since the latest update to the app i receive no alarms at all. I shall have to start the next sensor with the reader but it means i'll need to carry more around with me at work. I hope Abbott fix the app issue soon.

I had this issues for weeks so I asked a tech at my next hospital appointment and mine got sorted.

Basically its not staying connected to the bluetooth, I was told to restart my phone (iphone x) not shutdown but completely reset my phone, yes I did lose several settings but ah well! Then I had to delete the app, check the phone for any new updates for IOS and install. Then reinstall the app and put a new sensor on and scan and so far
Hopefully you’re all sorted now anyway but if not hope that helps.

I managed to get the red dot problem by breaking my settings. Eventually sorted it, a setting within a setting within a setting that depended on another couple of settings 😉 (android)

it still complains bitterly if i have the temerity to have "do not disturb" set yet with everything on the app and the phone saying the app can ignore do-not-disturb.

Thanks for reply guys.

So I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled. The red warning symbol has disappeared, so time time will tell if the alarm works better from now on.

Thanks again

Scrap that…. There back ‍♂️

Attachments

• 1C684B4B-4C2E-48ED-92BE-7D8597118CA5.png
    1C684B4B-4C2E-48ED-92BE-7D8597118CA5.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 11
I've had an email back from Abbott saying they are "actively looking into it and will provide an update when we have more information". Its an issue with the app from the last update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back