Anyone else here using the Humalog junior kwik pen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
I’ve just discovered I have another possible faulty box of pens. Wondered why I was needing a unit and unit and a half correction with all my meals yesterday. Started a new pen in the morning and noticed it seemed to feel stiffer or more clunky on depressing the button. So did my drop dose on paper test. Sure enough after dialing up half a unit and a whole unit , the insulin was being more or less all dispensed before I pressed the button, so when I pressed the button nothing came out on both half and I unit doses. Then I took it up to two units and more came out before depressing the button but not all of it. In all tests I cleared left over from the needle. I’ve got two different makes of needles so tried both of them. I also tried another pen from a new box I had. Same thing happened!
Husband decided to Google it. Seems it happens a lot. ‍♀️

Last edited:
Hi @gillrogers thank you for sharing this experience. Very troubling. It would definitely be worth sharing this with the pharmacist that dispensed these. They should report this to the MHRA through the Yellow Card Scheme. If you'd like, you can also report this issue yourself to the Yellow Card Scheme using the following link: https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back