Anyone else having problems this evening with the Dexcom app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hey all!
For the last hour I’m getting “Sensor error” messages, no readings and up to 3 hours before it’s sorted on the app? It’s come back twice now after going off and I’ve definitely not knocked my site (I am a clutz though!). Is it them or is it me?!!! I have to admit I’m watching a YouTube video on how to make a Ferrero Roche pudding… ;@)

Last edited:
The app has failed for the 3rd time this evening again just now… I don’t like this! So I’m watching a new Griffin Frenchie video to anchor my innermost Griffin Frenchiness…

Just failed Dexcom app again for the 4th time… WTH is happening on Dexcom tonight?!!

It’s not the app but likely a problem with the sensor getting enough fluid or with it being able to transmit. We’ve had problems sometimes. Check you’re well hydrated as that’s been the cause sometimes. It tends to happen for my kid towards the end of the sensor period more than at the beginning. Sometimes the little cannula thing gets kinked as it goes on and the only way to fully resolve it is to change the sensor. If it’s not lasted the whole 10 days you can call them up and they will usually talk you through trouble shooting and if necessary replace the sensor for you so you don’t pay for time you don’t use if you replace it.

Reactions: Leo
Yes that tends to be a ‘sensor failing’ indication for me.

I restart my sensors to get more coverage from my budget, usually they go straight through, but sometimes towards the end of the 20 days i can get a series of those ‘wait 2 hours’ messages. Mostly the sensor comes back to life, but if I’m getting multiple graph gaps I know I have to switch it out.

Just failed Dexcom app again for the 4th time… WTH is happening on Dexcom tonight?!!
It's your sensor not the app.

It’s not the app but likely a problem with the sensor getting enough fluid or with it being able to transmit. We’ve had problems sometimes. Check you’re well hydrated as that’s been the cause sometimes. It tends to happen for my kid towards the end of the sensor period more than at the beginning. Sometimes the little cannula thing gets kinked as it goes on and the only way to fully resolve it is to change the sensor. If it’s not lasted the whole 10 days you can call them up and they will usually talk you through trouble shooting and if necessary replace the sensor for you so you don’t pay for time you don’t use if you replace it.
How do you know the "little cannula thing" gets kinked? You can't see it, until you remove it. Because it is so fine, when you lift it out it is almost certain to kink as you do it. Same thing happened to me with Libre Sensors, though they, like the Dexcom, had worked just fine. They cant get kinked as you wear it, nor when it is applied. Common sense must tell you that the needle which carries the cannula must exceed the length of the cannula, or it wouldn't work immediately after it is applied, since the cannula can't penetrate through skin - or indeed, through subcutaneous tissue.

How do you know the "little cannula thing" gets kinked? You can't see it, until you remove it. Because it is so fine, when you lift it out it is almost certain to kink as you do it. Same thing happened to me with Libre Sensors, though they, like the Dexcom, had worked just fine. They cant get kinked as you wear it, nor when it is applied. Common sense must tell you that the needle which carries the cannula must exceed the length of the cannula, or it wouldn't work immediately after it is applied, since the cannula can't penetrate through skin - or indeed, through subcutaneous tissue.
maybe that was the problem with my libre sensors then they always seemed fully attached when they failed but your comment had made thing could the it had comd lose from the inside without me noticeing

They cant get kinked as you wear it, nor when it is applied. Common sense must tell you that the needle which carries the cannula must exceed the length of the cannula, or it wouldn't work immediately after it is applied, since the cannula can't penetrate through skin - or indeed, through subcutaneous tissue.

I’m not so sure @mikeyB - I know for certain that things I have worn with ‘introducer needles’ (which means they must insert straight) can emerge kinked, because I saw it with infusion sets when I was wearing 90-degree ones.

I have absolutely no idea how cannulas can kink through 90-degrees, having tried to do it as an experiment, and yet there they were. Went in straight, came out bent.

FWIW, if Dex adhesive starts to lift a bit and the sensor gets a bit more movement that seems to associate with sensor errors and gaps in the trace.

On the rare occasion my Libre stopped working, the filament was kinked. I assumed this was due to the sensor moving slightly as it was not stuck,down particularly well.
When I remove a sensor at the end of its life, the filament is not linked.

Thank you all for your very kind replies! I contacted Dexcom and they sent me a new sensor free of charge and so all things T1 are good for now….! I did notice on removal that the filament was unusually kinked so I assume that was what kinked my readings! Again many thanks to all of you that answered my post in quick flash time! x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back