Anyone else had hba1c results come in after LFTs & cholesterol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hoping someone can reassure me. I had full bloods done yesterday and the nurse phoned me to talk about my cholesterol. She said the doctor had asked her to phone and ask if I could double my dose, but she didn't know why as it had come down from 5.4 to 4.9 and bad cholesterol has come down from 4.4 to 3.4. Top ends of the scale admittedly but only 3 months into statins. She then said perhaps I could discuss it with the DN at my review on the 12th. I asked what the latest hba1c was and she said there was nothing in my notes to say! She checked and I had definitely been put down for hba1c, and I thought maybe those results came through at a different time? She didn't know, so I'm asking you good people if anyone else has had a gap between results?

I'll check with the surgery in a couple of days, but there is no point me going for a diabetic review with no hba1c! Thanks in advance lovely forum x

Hoping someone can reassure me. I had full bloods done yesterday and the nurse phoned me to talk about my cholesterol. She said the doctor had asked her to phone and ask if I could double my dose, but she didn't know why as it had come down from 5.4 to 4.9 and bad cholesterol has come down from 4.4 to 3.4. Top ends of the scale admittedly but only 3 months into statins. She then said perhaps I could discuss it with the DN at my review on the 12th. I asked what the latest hba1c was and she said there was nothing in my notes to say! She checked and I had definitely been put down for hba1c, and I thought maybe those results came through at a different time? She didn't know, so I'm asking you good people if anyone else has had a gap between results?

I'll check with the surgery in a couple of days, but there is no point me going for a diabetic review with no hba1c! Thanks in advance lovely forum x
I can see my results on line, as they come in, and quite often they arrive in dribs and drabs over a few days. Sometimes it depends on whether they arrive after the doctor has done their test-looking-at stint for that day and they’re now busy seeing patients.

Last time I had a test they came in over the course of a week, with the hba1c being last.

Thanks @Robin and @harbottle, that is a real relief. In my ignorance I assumed they came back in a job lot!

Thanks @Robin and @harbottle, that is a real relief. In my ignorance I assumed they came back in a job lot!
I think my HbA1C can later than the other tests. It could be the lab runs that test less frequently than the others but then the GP usually has to review them before they tell you.

A1c is always last to appear so worry not.

See test results on-line. Some test results came in same day, HBA1c 2 days later and some others 2 days after that. This I still have one or two to come but the on-line service is very good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back