Anyone been on gabapentin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleF78

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hi all

So I was put on gabapentin for swollen ankles about 10 days ago and I have read about weight gain online. Anyone had similar experience? I have put on a bit since starting them. Water tablets didn’t reduce the inflammation and nurse put me on 300mg 3 times a day.

Would be good to hear if you have thanks. I am coming off them for now to rule the weight gain out.

Hi all

So I was put on gabapentin for swollen ankles about 10 days ago and I have read about weight gain online. Anyone had similar experience? I have put on a bit since starting them. Water tablets didn’t reduce the inflammation and nurse put me on 300mg 3 times a day.

Would be good to hear if you have thanks. I am coming off them for now to rule the weight gain out.
The side effects list the very thing your were trying to cure, swollen ankles, the side effects sound worse than the condition. However not mentioned is weight gain.

I took gabapentin for eight weeks following bonkers nerve pain with shingles. Three times a day and didn’t put on an ounce.

One of the best days of my life when I started those pills. Sounds ridiculous but I have never known pain until I got shingles. Then I knew what pain was. I turned a corner when I started taking them.

I’ve been on gabapentin for years for my fibro and not noticed any weight gain. It hasn’t sorted my swollen ankles though so I don’t know how useful it’ll be for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back