Anyone aware of a Lyumjev Shortage

Status
Not open for further replies.

martindt1606

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
After a couple of months of very poor service from my local Rowlands Pharmacy i took the decision to switch to Lloyds Direct to hopefully benefit from a stress free repeat prescription process...... 12 days after my prescription approved by the GP the App is still showing waiting for stock and when customer services are contacted they cannot say when stock will be available. At least the Creon status changed to in stock yesterday......Has anyone else used Lloyds Direct and are they usually this bad?
You would have thought that having gone through COVID these companies would have got a grip on supply line management to ensure they would reorder before they ran out of stock. Guess i'm making a big assumption that they actually hold stock of essential drugs like insulin and Creon.

I may be wrong but I think you are better going to an independent pharmacy. I think these large franchises are committed to sourcing from a central warehouse, which may or may not have the relevant stocks, whereas the independent pharmacies can shop around to get their supplies. My GP practice runs it's own pharmacy but if they can't get anything, they will give me a prescription for it to ring around all the local pharmacies in order to find whatever it is.
I can't comment specifically on Lyumjev as I am on Fiasp but I do think quite a few people have had problems with Lloyds recently for a number of medications so you may have juped out of the frying pan and into the fire by swapping to them. That said, it is good that at last they have Creon. That must have been really worrying.

Do you use disposable pens for your Lyumjev or reusable? Just wondering if cartridges are available for it but not disposable pens, in which case you would need a reusable pen to be prescribed.

I may be wrong but I think you are better going to an independent pharmacy. I think these large franchises are committed to sourcing from a central warehouse, which may or may not have the relevant stocks, whereas the independent pharmacies can shop around to get their supplies. My GP practice runs it's own pharmacy but if they can't get anything, they will give me a prescription for it to ring around all the local pharmacies in order to find whatever it is.
I can't comment specifically on Lyumjev as I am on Fiasp but I do think quite a few people have had problems with Lloyds recently for a number of medications so you may have juped out of the frying pan and into the fire by swapping to them. That said, it is good that at last they have Creon. That must have been really worrying.

Do you use disposable pens for your Lyumjev or reusable? Just wondering if cartridges are available for it but not disposable pens, in which case you would need a reusable pen to be prescribed.
One of the reasons for the switch was that Rowlands now order from a central warehouse and everything arrives prepackaged for each customer. Last month i asked them to call Mylan (creon manufacturer) direct to arrange priority delivery when there own processes could not. Despite providing them with an email from NCUK recommending this approach and providing a direct telephone number, they refused as it was outside there standard process. It seemed to me that if they are ordering from a central warehouse i may as well cut out the middle man and have the drugs delivered direct to me.....The lyumjev is vials to be decanted into a pump.

Try ringing round all the local pharmacies in your area and asking if they have any in stock (a long shot probably as I imagine very few people use Lyumjev in a pump and even less directly inject) or if they can acquire it for you and then arrange for the script to be sent to them if they can.

I don’t think it has been reported as a general issue from what I can see.

I used to be on lyumjev until my resitance improved too much for it. I think alot of it is that theres not many people on it and i heard alot that pumpers fround it problematic with blockages andcstinging. Quite often my disposable pens would develope floaty bits in it and would have to discard it.

I used to be on lyumjev until my resitance improved too much for it. I think alot of it is that theres not many people on it and i heard alot that pumpers fround it problematic with blockages andcstinging. Quite often my disposable pens would develope floaty bits in it and would have to discard it.

Yes I was tempted to give it a go (tried Fiasp, but developed resistance / site sensitivity with that) but have heard Lyumjev has similar challenges for users too - so sticking with Novo-notvery-Rapid

I use Lloyd'sDirect and i have had problems with Creon 25000 being out of stock (my latest supply was a couple of days ago.) At least with Creon, Amazon sells Micrazym, which are identical with Creon 10,000 capsules. They aren't cheap. In fact, any pharmacy with a supply of Creon will sell you them. Beware it's £17.97 for a pack of 50 Micrazym 10,000.

My problem with Lloyds Direct is that when ordering all of my multiple tablets and insulin is that is if one is delayed by being out of stock, it holds up the whole prescription. This can be fixed by selecting the option to send all available medications.

I use Lloyd'sDirect and i have had problems with Creon 25000 being out of stock (my latest supply was a couple of days ago.) At least with Creon, Amazon sells Micrazym, which are identical with Creon 10,000 capsules. They aren't cheap. In fact, any pharmacy with a supply of Creon will sell you them. Beware it's £17.97 for a pack of 50 Micrazym 10,000.

My problem with Lloyds Direct is that when ordering all of my multiple tablets and insulin is that is if one is delayed by being out of stock, it holds up the whole prescription. This can be fixed by selecting the option to send all available medications.
So got everything but a sharps bin and spread out over 3 deliveries. One big box with the creon, esomaprazole, and gaviscon, a medium sized box with the insulin, and an envelope with iron tablets. Downside having to stay in for 2 days for boxes that don't go through the letterbox, up side for the first time in 5 years i have a new spoon for the gaviscon and my wife will get a monthly supply of the insulating wool which she can reuse in her bag making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back