Anybody else get this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaL76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Legitimately annoyed about something and decide to address the subject with a certain somebody and get told “erm you might wanna check your sugars “ No! my sugars are fine. Im angry, diabetics get angry too we are not completely emotionally controlled by glycemia and it’s not a get out jail free card to assume that’s the case!! ITS NOT ME ITS YOU! There i said it.

Legitimately annoyed about something and decide to address the subject with a certain somebody and get told “erm you might wanna check your sugars “ No! my sugars are fine. Im angry, diabetics get angry too we are not completely emotionally controlled by glycemia and it’s not a get out jail free card to assume that’s the case!! ITS NOT ME ITS YOU! There i said it.
This reminds me of when I was a teenager, and every time I tried to argue with my mother, she’d adopt a sympathetic face and say 'Have you got your Period, dear!’ 'No! I’m just legitimately angry!'

We need an Arrrgh!! emoji response. Thankfully living on my own I don't experience this myself unless I am arguing with myself and then I don't have a leg to stand on.... so I sit down, check my levels and eat a JB. 🙄

When I told someone I was diabetic she said "oh no, now we are going to meet monster Elena" and I was like, what are you talking about? Apparently she has the idea that diabetics become aggressive or rude when our BG is off. Haven't had a situation like that myself, but heard a lot of the period comments to women who are angry or upset, as @Robin said. It's so annoying!

My daughter works in a hospital kitchen and one day one of the chefs shouted at her, another lady in the kitchen said oh don’t worry about him.. he’s diabetic. o_O

well if i am geting itterible i sometimes think mylsef "Maybe i should checked my blood suger(becuase it has meant something before) but if someone else said that i would probably find it iterating

Definitely true.
One of the guys who used to work for me was type 1.
Nicest bloke ever, quite old and proper.
He went hypo once.
It took three of us to get his glucose tablets into him, mainly sitting on him, while he was hitting people in the face.
We were all site workers, (apart from him) so we all just laughed about it later.
(Including him).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back