Any new developements in treatements at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busmnbob

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all just a quickie just wondering if anyone know if there are any new aid / treatemts coming out this year that can help type 1s getting a bit fed up of the beats already only had it a year but already want rid , anybody heard anything at all? 🙂

To be honest all the stuff i've heard has been about drugs for type 2s. I'll keep my ears and eyes open for you though. I've been type two for nearly eighteen months and i'm sick of it too. Have you been on the DAFNE course yet? A lot of type one folk say it's made a big difference to them.

Also, have you thought about using a pump sometime in the future? Might be a turn of the routine abit so something more suitable for you?

Definately just a thought. Dafne, as rachel says, is a good way to go.

BBC this morning...Scientists in Cambridge have shwn that an 'artificial pancreas' can be used to regulate blood sugar in children with type 1.

I wonder how far away we are from getting the artificial pancreas? Really hope it comes along soon!

I wonder how far away we are from getting the artificial pancreas? Really hope it comes along soon!

My point.....tests already carried out, if I read the report correctly.

Hi all just a quickie just wondering if anyone know if there are any new aid / treatemts coming out this year that can help type 1s getting a bit fed up of the beats already only had it a year but already want rid , anybody heard anything at all? 🙂

Give over - the big pharmas don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg😉
But, seriously, I believe "the truth is out there somewhere". They have done enough research over the last decades and the pace of genetic research is hotting up. The pieces of the jigsaw are probably already there in a myriad of research papers, it just needs new scientific genius to come along and put the pieces together in new ways.

---------------------------------------
" If I have been able to see further than others, it is because I have been standing on the shoulders of giants" Sir Isaaac Newton.
"If I have not been able to see as far as other people , it is because giants have been standing on my shoulders" Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back