Any insulin dependent type 2s then gone on to the soup and shakes diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsweetenough

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Did you stop your insulin straight away/halve it/something else?
What was your outcome?
Thanks
Type 2 160 units of M3 Humulin daily.

I have considered it but I’d just carry on my insulin but that’s as I’m not on a mixed insulin and I normally adjust my insulin to my food intake. You’d need to speak to a professional to either adjust the mixed insulin doses or change to a more flexible insulin before you could try this diet.

I have considered it but I’d just carry on my insulin but that’s as I’m not on a mixed insulin and I normally adjust my insulin to my food intake. You’d need to speak to a professional to either adjust the mixed insulin doses or change to a more flexible insulin before you could try this diet.
Thanks Lucy. I've got a pretty good feel for my insulin dose vs insulin resitance vs amount of carbs onboarded. For example, I've taken 80 units of M3 Humulin this morning on a 16.4 reading and will fast until early evening without hypoing. With the soup and shakes, I'll halve my ongoing dose as soon as I show signs of a hypo. I did this with really intense exercise for a couple fo months over the summer and got my dose down from 200 units a day to around 30. Just couldn't keep up the intensity. My C Peptide test showed that I still produce loads of my own insulin so I need to give my liver a blast to take me down to a healthier baseline. I'll speak to the pharamcist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back