any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

topcat123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
was bowsing the net this morning into boots and lloyds etc looking for more test strips for my ultra easy as my doc said that im only allowed one box per month and he expect it to last longer, well anyway thought that i would buy a box and as far as i can see i can only get it on scrip.
was looking at other bs machines and was thinking of buying does anyone recomends one looking for ease of use and able to buy test strips thanks🙂

Whatever you end up with check whether you need to pay for the VAT on it. I know as type 1 I can get VAT exemption on items related to diabetes.

If you ask the chemist whether you can buy off prescription they will tell you.

Hi topcat just mailed you with a suggestion of mine and the test strips are a steal at under ?20.

Hi Topcat, I don't actually use the same monitor as you, but I bought my strips on e bay and at the time they had all different makes. Think I got them for ?10 (paid ?27.99 in Boots for the first lot 😱) and paid ?2 postage on top of that.

Hi Topcat, I don't actually use the same monitor as you, but I bought my strips on e bay and at the time they had all different makes. Think I got them for ?10 (paid ?27.99 in Boots for the first lot 😱) and paid ?2 postage on top of that.

That's how I get mine as well, it works out at about half price.

Whatever you end up with check whether you need to pay for the VAT on it. I know as type 1 I can get VAT exemption on items related to diabetes.

If you ask the chemist whether you can buy off prescription they will tell you.

Margie
Type 1s (not sure if same for type 2) shouldn't pay for any prescription. not just the diabetes-related ones.
It should be a medical exemption cert, so anything you get on prescription is free.

And type 2's that have to buy the strips. I'd yell at the doctor and ask them if they'd like having to pay ?22 for a box of 50 strips! betcha they wouldnt!

I looked on Amazon for diastix (or wee sticks), so it might be worth looking there. I look on Amazon first for most things then shop around a bit.

thanks will check those ideas out never thought of e bay this morning or amazon thanks for the link steff.

I am only allowed 1 box of 50 per month so buy any extra I need from Ebay I have bought about 400 strips in total from different sellers and never had a problem.

Margie
Type 1s (not sure if same for type 2) shouldn't pay for any prescription. not just the diabetes-related ones.
It should be a medical exemption cert, so anything you get on prescription is free.

And type 2's that have to buy the strips. I'd yell at the doctor and ask them if they'd like having to pay ?22 for a box of 50 strips! betcha they wouldnt!

Hi, yes I know about prescriptions but topcat was thinking of getting another meter and I was trying to say that he/she should check that the price they were paying excluded VAT. Also if you have to buy teststrips because the Dr won't give you as many as you want, it will save you a little. There are other products that as a diabetic you might want to buy such as the frio wallets - and again you would be exempt for the VAT on them.

being a pain in the butt i forgot to ask buying from amazon or e bay im getting the real deal? keep thinging about that program from dom the other week never bought from e bay going to a friend tomorrow who has a e bay account to buy for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back