Any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Having a really strange day, have been feeling really low all day (you know the usual thing shaking, sweaty ect.) but when I've tested my BS levels have been near perfect, 7.2, 6.2, 6.6, just don't understand whats going on. How can I feel low and have gr8 BS levels? Am I being stupid?

You're not being stupid at all Shirl, it's quite possible that the way you are feeling has nothing to do with your diabetes or blood sugar levels, and illness doesn't always show up in the levels either. I sometimes feel as though I ought to be low, but realise (upon seeing my levels are OK!) it is because I feel tired, or something has made me feel nauseous. If the feelings persist it might be worth either a call to NHS Direct or a visit to the doctors. Hope you are feeling better soon 🙂

Have you taken your temp. you might be coming down with something or could it cough be your age cough.

Hi Shirl you not being stupid far from it,you said you were feeling a little poorly the beginning of the week maybe that has something to do with it? x

Last edited:
Thanx Northerner, just sooo strange, will keep my eye on things over wkend seeing DSN on Tuesday anyway, for check up and HBA1c!!

Never even crossed my mind that I'd not felt well earlier in wk, now that
is stupid! D'oh, will check my temp etc. a little l8r cos just had a cuppa! Been at a 'certain' age for a while now, LOL
Thanx for replies, take care, lv Shirl x

I'd love to know what the answer to this is as I've had this before as well - not been ill though, just felt really lo. had the shakes, cold sweats, feeling weak. problem was, when I feel lo, my body and mind goes into panic and i HAVE to have food.

hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanx for the reply imtrying,

Diabetes is very puzzling at times :confused: even after 5 years I still get caught out by it, I guess it keeps us on our toes tho huh?

Do hope you are ok, take care, Shirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back