Any ideas why this is happening??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottie Lottie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
The past few days taking my BG I have been 14.4 before breakfast, 17.1 lunchtime, 19.4 before dinner and around 8.6-9.2 before bed.
I have not changed my diet and can’t understand these figures when taking my medication as normal. I have had issues with upset tummy these past weeks and also I am on my fourth BPressure meds started three weeks ago and BP is ok. The name of this one is
Indapamide which has regulated my BP. Never experienced this before. My GP is taking no appointments this week during to holidays but I managed to get appointment on Thursday for Diabetic nurse for bloods to check my kidneys ok with the new BP tablet. I am in general feeling ok.

The past few days taking my BG I have been 14.4 before breakfast, 17.1 lunchtime, 19.4 before dinner and around 8.6-9.2 before bed.
I have not changed my diet and can’t understand these figures when taking my medication as normal. I have had issues with upset tummy these past weeks and also I am on my fourth BPressure meds started three weeks ago and BP is ok. The name of this one is
Indapamide which has regulated my BP. Never experienced this before. My GP is taking no appointments this week during to holidays but I managed to get appointment on Thursday for Diabetic nurse for bloods to check my kidneys ok with the new BP tablet. I am in general feeling ok.
Those readings look suspicious especially if your bedtime reading is 8.5 ish. Are your strips in date, have you had something on your finger or if you are unwell it can increase blood glucose but then you would expect the evening reading also to be high.
What readings were you getting before the last few days.//

Checked the strips date and it’s well in date and changed the battery just in case it was that. My BG was fairly ok with a few spikes on holiday but none the highs in past few days. My diabetic meds dates are ok also. It’s a strange one.?!?

What other drugs do you take than the indapamide? whether for diabetes or anything else.

I take 100g losartan for BP
Metformin 500g twice a day.
Gliclazide 80g twice a day.
Vitamin D once a day
Simvastatin 20g each night

What sort of meals have you been having, are those readings you mentioned after eating. It might tell you more to know the readings before eating and 2 hours after eating.

These are ones before eating. Except night one before going to bed. I take gliclazide 30 minutes before eating and metformin during meal or right afterwards. Usual food in my diet. The odd carry out but never that big a spike.

These are ones before eating. Except night one before going to bed. I take gliclazide 30 minutes before eating and metformin during meal or right afterwards. Usual food in my diet. The odd carry out but never that big a spike.
When you say usual food, what might that be. You may have become less tolerant of the amount of carbohydrates in your meal so by testing 2 hours after you could see if the gliclazide is allowing your body to cope.
Good you have an appointment soon.

I have started to log everything I eat in my carbs and calorie app which I haven’t done for a while. That was good for me particularly with carbs I was taking each day. Will do after meal checks. It’s like going back to the beginning again but needs to be done and I’ll let you know how I get on and my appointment with DN tomorrow. I am wondering if the issues I’ve had with getting BPressure medication being changed these past months several times it’s knocking my system out of kilter. Hopefully I can get some answers tomorrow.
Thank you all for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back