• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions within our online community

Any ideas please

Dylans mom

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi my son is type 1 diabetic only diagnosed December, recently he had a rash come up on his left leg at the back it was itchy and he had been scratching so I got in contact with doc who saw a pic and said she thought it was eczema I'm not convinced. Tonight before I put the cream on it had proper flared up. I was wondering if any one has saw anything like it or if its maybe to do with his diabetes. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20200730_222943.jpg
    20200730_222943.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 16

Schrodinger

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well must confess having been a T1 for many years not seen that sort of rash.

There are some cases of diabetes causing rashes but that is more likely in people who have had the condition for a long time.

What ever it is hope the doctor gets something to treat it looks itchy.

Inka

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My daughter has eczema and I agree with you that that doesn’t really look like eczema (I’m just a parent not a med professional).

To me, it looks like a rash from contact with something eg an irritating plant. Mine have Piriton when they get similar. Children can also get what I call ‘heat rash’ - raised skin colour itchy bumps. Scratching makes them worse. No idea what causes that, but heat and sweat is my guess.

I wouldn’t think it’s anything to do with the diabetes, but keep a close eye on sugars in case whatever it is messes them up.

Hope it gets better soon. X

Dylans mom

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Well must confess having been a T1 for many years not seen that sort of rash.

There are some cases of diabetes causing rashes but that is more likely in people who have had the condition for a long time.

What ever it is hope the doctor gets something to treat it looks itchy.
Thank u

Dylans mom

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
My daughter has eczema and I agree with you that that doesn’t really look like eczema (I’m just a parent not a med professional).

To me, it looks like a rash from contact with something eg an irritating plant. Mine have Piriton when they get similar. Children can also get what I call ‘heat rash’ - raised skin colour itchy bumps. Scratching makes them worse. No idea what causes that, but heat and sweat is my guess.

I wouldn’t think it’s anything to do with the diabetes, but keep a close eye on sugars in case whatever it is messes them up.

Hope it gets better soon. X
He hasnt left the house since march so I'm confused , hubby said it may be heat rash but I've never saw heat rash that bad before. I've got the creams the docs have given me will try for a wk if not will have to send them pics by email again. To be honest his bloods have been a bit all over the place too x

Sally71

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
I doubt it's anything to do with his diabetes. Maybe a sweat rash? It's right in the fold of his knee isn’t it. Try the creams and go from there :)

Dylans mom

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
I doubt it's anything to do with his diabetes. Maybe a sweat rash? It's right in the fold of his knee isn’t it. Try the creams and go from there :)
Just slightly above his knee it's just so lumpy and quite hard never seen anything like it and hes never had it before. Thanks for reply