Any HGV trampers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broobit

Relationship to Diabetes
Carer/Partner
Hi, I'm writing on behalf of my newly-diagnosed (T2) partner. He's an HGV tramper and is in his lorry Mon-Fri. I'm hoping there's some other people here in the same line of work who can help us with practical ideas for eating healthily when you only have a microwave, fridge, and kettle to cook with five days a week!

It's also very depressing to see the food choices available at service stations where he parks up for the night - usually just one of the three main fast food companies, and/or a Gregg's (so unbearable temptation!) and if you're lucky, an overpriced mini supermarket such as M&S or Waitrose.

We would be very interested to hear how you deal with your life as a tramper with diabetes. Thank you!

I'd just go for a burger and chuck the bun with a bottle of water. If you're ravenous it'd taste like nectar but that might be just me. :D

Hi, I'm writing on behalf of my newly-diagnosed (T2) partner. He's an HGV tramper and is in his lorry Mon-Fri. I'm hoping there's some other people here in the same line of work who can help us with practical ideas for eating healthily when you only have a microwave, fridge, and kettle to cook with five days a week!

It's also very depressing to see the food choices available at service stations where he parks up for the night - usually just one of the three main fast food companies, and/or a Gregg's (so unbearable temptation!) and if you're lucky, an overpriced mini supermarket such as M&S or Waitrose.

We would be very interested to hear how you deal with your life as a tramper with diabetes. Thank you!

It's very difficult.
Does he need to lose any weight, that is a very good start to try to control BG with a less restrictive diet.

The other suggestion could be to fill the fridge with healthier food to supplement whatever he can pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back