Any clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Can anyone make any suggestions. My OH mother is 96 and is loosing a significant amount of weight but the doctor says their is nothing wrong and she is healthy for her age although she sleeps pretty well all the time. She has had blood glucose tests and they have been fine.
50 years ago she had acute pancreatitis and had an operation and was told she was lucky to survive. As this was in Zimbabwe little information is available as to exactly what she had done but she certainly had no continuing medication.
Since then she had always been unable to tolerate dairy products or fatty foods and couldn't eat chocolate but recently she has been fine with those foods.
Is it possible after all this time since her pancreatitis that is what is now causing the weight loss. Sadly she has little quality of life as the is deaf and has very little vision due to Macular degeneration.

Coeliac? Some kind of malabsorption? Is she eating normally and taking in enough calories? Obvious question but if her appetite is small that might affect things.

When I hear pancreatitis, I think Creon - is it worth asking her Drs whether she may need a little creon boost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back