any advice on carb counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinnie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi guys i am going to see my counsultant in 2 weeks time , i last saw him 6 months ago and asked him about carb counting as i am on set amounts of insulin
4 units humanlog breakfast ,5 humanlog with lunch, 6 humanlog with dinner and 16 lantus before bed
and he kidda laugh it off at the time i was in a bad place and let it go but now i am a lot stronger and want to fight him on this i want to go on a carb counting course which i think after all the mistakes that the clinic/hospital in question have make in my care that is the least there could do
so its there any advice or information that i could arm myself with to help this counsulltant see sense ?
thanks

I found this online carb counting course very useful (Bournemouth Diabetes & Endocrine Centre) http://www.bdec-e-learning.com/ Hope you can get on a face to face course, if you want, but if that's not possible, then online would be better than nothing. Good luck with consultant appointment.

Give him the speech about wanting to be as proactive with your care as possible, about having the best quality of life, you want to learn to manage your diabetes the best way possible and you know that carb counting will allow you to have greater freedom and flexibility.

If not, one word: referral!!!

thanks guys copepod that site looks really good i will get a better look at it later when the kids are in bed and i have peace
shiv he is a new consultant to me as unfortally my old one passed away he was really nice 6 months ago was my first appoiment with him so if no joy this time i will be asking for a referal
thanks again guys

Just bumping this so twinnie can get the best poss advice from you guys x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back