Anxious Times But Finally Started

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We had the advantage of a fully equipped motor home parked at the front of the house when Pete did our bathroom, plus the loo was the last thing he did in terms of removing and replacing the physical equipment - all fairly painless apart from disposal of the rubbish.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We had the advantage of a fully equipped motor home parked at the front of the house when Pete did our bathroom, plus the loo was the last thing he did in terms of removing and replacing the physical equipment - all fairly painless apart from disposal of the rubbish.
Lucky you! lol, still haven't seen any sign of workmen since the 2 left at half 11, mum won't call to see if anyone is coming back so just got to sit like a twat waiting to see and then clean in a mad rush before tea while bursting for the toilet, anxious as anything today and feeling very, very sick :( xx

helli

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I hope your bathroom work doesn't drag on, @Kaylz
It is already looking pretty good but I know how frustrating it can be when workmen disappear.

My bathroom was done a few years ago. They removed all the tiles from the walls (taking half the plaster with them), pulled up the flooring, unplumbed the washbasin and toilet. Then they realised they didn't have the bath. So I had a quarter finished bathroom for 6 weeks waiting for the bath.
Unlike @trophywench I did not have the luxury of a motorhome (or drive) so spent 6 weeks cleaning my teeth over the bath and flushing the toilet by filling a bucket and pouring it into the bowl. At least the shower over the bath still worked.

I can survive without a bedroom or living room or dining room but bathrooms and kitchens are necessities so the most stressful by far.

Take care, Kaylz.

pm133

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
6 weeks with a half finished bathroom?
I'm getting heart palpitations just thinking about it.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I was 17 when mom and dad got a bathroom! We still had to use chamber pots at night before then. You kids - never knowing what it's like not to be able to get warm water from a tap!

I'd still happily boil a kettle and have an all over wash in the washing up bowl in the kitchen sink if I needed to, or use a bucket as a loo. The plinth fan heater in the kitchen warms it up much quicker than the radiator in the bathroom.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

helli

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
6 weeks with a half finished bathroom?
I'm getting heart palpitations just thinking about it.
It was better than the 2 weeks without a boiler and no hot water. I was grateful the gym was open so I could have a shower even if it was a rushed shower with little privacy for changing and I couldn't bring myself to just go to the gym for a shower so I had a workout every day and wore myself out.

pm133

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
It was better than the 2 weeks without a boiler and no hot water. I was grateful the gym was open so I could have a shower even if it was a rushed shower with little privacy for changing and I couldn't bring myself to just go to the gym for a shower so I had a workout every day and wore myself out.
Been there 3 times in my life. 3 broken boilers in different houses. Took a couple of weeks to fix each time.
I braved the cold water each day and took cold showers. All of them in winter.
Brutal. I remember being so cold that it was painful. Washing my hair was horrendous.

KARNAK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
That`s why I learned as a teenager to do it all myself including the wiring
but never got the hang of plastering, a bit easier today with push fit plumbing.

Hang in there Kaylz we`re all rooting for you. {{{HUGS}}}

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Brutal. I remember being so cold that it was painful. Washing my hair was horrendous.
Been there, I couldn't wait on the gas man arriving as my dad was picking me up to take me to Parkhead for a match so just had to jump in, I had really long hair at the time too! :eek: xx

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I now realise why my neighbour went away last year when she had her bathroom done.
If my grandad cleaned and we were allowed to pop in we'd have used his toilet, if Bruce had a cooker I would've been down at his for at least the week to be honest xx

pm133

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Been there, I couldn't wait on the gas man arriving as my dad was picking me up to take me to Parkhead for a match so just had to jump in, I had really long hair at the time too! :eek: xx

You weren't one of those hooligans protesting at the game on Sunday were you? ;)

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
You weren't one of those hooligans protesting at the game on Sunday were you? ;)
Nope, I ain't a hooligan lol, think it might've been the time I had to sit on my own as he couldn't get seats together and I was searched cause I had a programme in my back pocket, I was only 17 and had had a few big bottles of lager in the car on the way there :oops: but was still quiet as a mouse! xx

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well they never showed up again! Not thinking much of the company doing it at all, certainly wouldn't use them if we were ever to have our own property (we'd probably use Bruce's dad if he was still able to be honest)

Will take pics when I'm through later and upload in the morning

Bath panel sat in the lobby, rubbish left on the bathroom windowsill, more rubbish left outside the front door in the closey along with our radiator, plastic wrap that was over the basin and pedestal left lying in mum's room, absolute joke like! xx

KARNAK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Horrified Kaylz bottles of lager at 17 what ever next? should have been with me
bottles of Guinness at 13 plus mingling with the young ladies, OMG did I really
say that :oops:

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Horrified Kaylz bottles of lager at 17 what ever next? should have been with me
bottles of Guinness at 13 plus mingling with the young ladies, OMG did I really
say that :oops:
Urgh Guinness is absolutely rank! When I was about 15 it was vodka or cider for me, never again although @Northerner has me interested in some flavoured vodkas although I haven't touched alcohol in 4 years come January xx

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
20201201_204825.jpg20201201_204844.jpg20201201_204853.jpg

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well lack of communication and not knowing what was happening really got to me and I'm feeling more anxious than ever, by 11am there was still no sign or word so because my mum insisted yesterday she didn't know what she'd done with the contact number she had I contacted a friend who had there's done last month and put pressure on my mum to phone, turns out the gaffer was round the corner so he said he'd pop round, had a look says the plasterer needs to do the crack in the wall before the painter can do anything (obviously) he had no idea about the hand rail that was supposed to be installed for mum in the shower so said he'll try and get them to do that tomorrow then its get the radiator back on etc, says he'll try and get them to get on and get it finished for Friday afternoon, it better be! I tell you that much! He has no idea why they just disappeared yesterday leaving the bath panel on the lobby wall or anything, told him this is getting to me and my health and explained my OCD and people coming in and out of the house etc and he did seem sympathetic and said there shouldn't be too many more in, fingers crossed he gets their asses in gear and this is over with soon! xx