answers finally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
well i saw my new doc today after the feeling ill rough patch ive been going through for what feels like forever and i have some answers finally 🙂
i do have autonomic neuropathy and i know thats not great but im relived i finally have an answer to why i have been feeling so ill , all my symptoms ..the dodgey guts , the feeling dizzy , my low bp etc are apparently all classic signs , it was verry possitive though she has put me on some tablets to help raise my bp and that will hopefully stop me feeling dizzy and also stops me feelng tired( as apparently low bp causes extereme fatigue)
she did say however that its been bought on by such a sudden drop in haba1 and my body doesnt know whats ht it , she said it cant be reversed but it will calm down and be controled so im kinda happy about that

just thought i would give and upadate :D

It's good to hear that you finally have an answer and now know what is going on. 🙂 Hopefully the meds will make you feel much better very soon.

she did say however that its been bought on by such a sudden drop in haba1 and my body doesnt know whats ht it , she said it cant be reversed but it will calm down and be controled so im kinda happy about that

just thought i would give and upadate :D

I'm pleased that you're getting to the bottom of things.

This business about sudden drops in HbA1c is starting to bother me now, because it isn't something that the health care guys seem to be bothering about (until its too late?).

I'm beginning to wonder about my (admittedly mild) peripheral neuropathy, because I didn't have any symptoms of that prior to diagnosis. It only seemed to have kicked in a few months after (when my HbA1c dropped from 13.3 to 6.9).

Andy

You now know whatt he proble is so you will feel better and be worrying less. Glad you have answers and treatment.

Bex so pleased for you hun it must of been agony not having a diagnosis but at least you now know hun,are you taking anything for tyhe neuropathy? i got told i had it and im not on anything x

Glad you have some answers now. At least you know what it is and hopefully your doc can sort it out.

Not good that you have something else to worry about - but at least you can take something to ease the side effects. Perhaps all people changing regimes should be told to drop their hba1c's in a more controlled way if this is something that can happen.🙂Bev

I'm pleased that you're getting to the bottom of things.

This business about sudden drops in HbA1c is starting to bother me now, because it isn't something that the health care guys seem to be bothering about (until its too late?).

I'm beginning to wonder about my (admittedly mild) peripheral neuropathy, because I didn't have any symptoms of that prior to diagnosis. It only seemed to have kicked in a few months after (when my HbA1c dropped from 13.3 to 6.9).

Andy

andy ask you dr about it , i suspect it could well be from the sudden drop she used a word for it i can remember exactly but think it was insulin shock or something along those lines , in my docs own words she said 'your nerve endings have been bathing in treacle and now your body doesnt know whats hit it'

Bex so pleased for you hun it must of been agony not having a diagnosis but at least you now know hun,are you taking anything for tyhe neuropathy? i got told i had it and im not on anything x

hi steffie , i have mainly been put on fluoxo..something cant remember lol silly drug names ...for my bp but said when i go see her in a couple of weeks there are other medicines she wants to discuss with me so i assume i will be getting something else too , she put me on the bp straight away as she was concerned about me getting dizzy and falling over etc , will let you know what drugs i get put on then..
although do know someone else with peripheral neuropathy and they have been put on amertriptaline as apparently it calms your nerve endings

Not good that you have something else to worry about - but at least you can take something to ease the side effects. Perhaps all people changing regimes should be told to drop their hba1c's in a more controlled way if this is something that can happen.🙂Bev

hi bev , i also think people should be warned and thier control managed slowley to prevent these problems , especially if thier hba1c is high

Hi bex, I'm sorry to hear that you have had this diagnosed, but glad to hear that it can be treated, and now you know what it is there is less confusion and mystery about it.

I had a large drop in Hba1c shortly after diagnosis - from 11.8% to 5.2% in six months, which may be the reason for my retinopathy problems. It's a very difficult thing to do though, to drop at some sort of prescribed pace. Right from the start they tell you that you need to get your levels in between 4 and 7 rather than say, 8 and 10. I wonder if this is something that JDRF and DUK can campaign about so that people are less likely to be at risk?

Hi bex, I'm sorry to hear that you have had this diagnosed, but glad to hear that it can be treated, and now you know what it is there is less confusion and mystery about it.

I had a large drop in Hba1c shortly after diagnosis - from 11.8% to 5.2% in six months, which may be the reason for my retinopathy problems. It's a very difficult thing to do though, to drop at some sort of prescribed pace. Right from the start they tell you that you need to get your levels in between 4 and 7 rather than say, 8 and 10. I wonder if this is something that JDRF and DUK can campaign about so that people are less likely to be at risk?

I think thats a good point Northe! I knew about the reduction affecting eyes but not other areas. Its seems that again too many professionals not clued up with diabetes and once again it is up to us to find out ourselves!

hi bev , i also think people should be warned and thier control managed slowley to prevent these problems , especially if thier hba1c is high

Glad you have your diagnosis and can now manage things. Hope you soon feel better with the medication, sorry it has happened to you x

glad you've got a diagnosis Bex. Big hugs coming your way from me.

It's something I have worked myself into tears over many times. I'm terrified that being on a pump now and gaining better control is gonna make things worse. I've had many a hysterical chat with nurses etc over it, and have had to fight for a podiatry appointment (its in a couple of weeks hurrah) as I have noticed that my feet are getting worse :( currently burning :( and am fighting for an extra eye exam too. Autonomic nueropathy is something that frightens me silly, but its something tha people don't ever seem tow ant to talk about with me...

glad you've got a diagnosis Bex. Big hugs coming your way from me.

It's something I have worked myself into tears over many times. I'm terrified that being on a pump now and gaining better control is gonna make things worse. I've had many a hysterical chat with nurses etc over it, and have had to fight for a podiatry appointment (its in a couple of weeks hurrah) as I have noticed that my feet are getting worse :( currently burning :( and am fighting for an extra eye exam too. Autonomic nueropathy is something that frightens me silly, but its something tha people don't ever seem tow ant to talk about with me...

sam if u wanna talk to me about it im here or on fb , it does seem to be the dirty subject though , but im quite happy to talk about it im just learning about it but heres a good link , http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/neuropathies/

kinda explains them all although iknow there are some symptoms missing from it , ( i had no idea it could effect my bp)

dunno if it work for you but when my feet burn i stand on the front doorstep bearfoot because its cold seems to help a little bit lol.... mabey im just weird but helps when uve got to the point of wanting your legs chopped off

anyway im off to bed now but if u wanna talk mssg me x ((hugs))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back