Another ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We use the NHS App to order our repeat prescriptions. Ordered 8 items on Monday, would have got to GP Surgery on Tuesday. Looked this morning before we went to Tesco to see what the state of play was. 7 items 'Approved' but the very first item - 2 vials of Novorapid - 'Refused' with that word highlighted in red.

Complete fib cos it hadn't been refused at all, it was approved and dispensed.

Clearly User Error - and I told the GP surgery who don't have a computer person, BUT unless whoever the User was gets told about it - how many more people will this happen to! Another thing that annoys me - not being able to take steps to correct things when they go wrong.

Computers don't think for themselves - even now, with algorithms.

We also use an NHS app to order repeat prescriptions Jenny, and there hasn't yet been a time when all items have been approved, dispensed and we've had notification. Usually they are approved and dispensed and have been collected from the chemist before the notification comes through. At least we've never been Refused!

Only one mistake? How lucky you are. Of the last 10 consecutive repeats not one has been 100% correct.

As I use both a vial and a pen I need both srynge-needles and pen needles. A request for the former resulted in a supply of the latter.

Second request more pen needles. Further requests brought the angry response "I am not going to supply any more needles."

Good, not what I wanted in the first place. The reply was "You have never had these before." I had been using them for almost 50 years.

Do you not use disposable syringes, rather than a separate syringe plus needles - PITA having to boil up your only syringe once a week!

I use syringe-needle combinations for rapid insulin. The specification includes size of needle and the size of the syringe all one unit.

I use a pen for the long acting stuff (it is not available in a vial). I have used a disposable syringe with a luer (taper) fitting - much lighter than the glass ones, with disposable needles.

I used to use the syringes until they needed hammering in or the numbers could not be read. Not available on prescription initially! Now I change them once a week if they need it or not.

I was given a glass syringe in 1972 with cooking instructions, and two needles intended to last for life. They were to be sharpened on a stone when blunt.

They were 3/4 inch long when new, they would be about 1/8 inch long now if still in use.

I've only ever seen disposable syringes which already have the needles attached, since 1972.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back