Bowel cancer screening
Prostate cancer screening
Liver scan
Eye test, glaucoma, and retinopathy screening
BP 119/79

Flu jab
Covid booster

All acceptable.

Blood and urine tests online from my GP the same evening, from a ten o'clock appointment at the surgery.
Liver scan results as it was scanned.
Eye screening results at the scan.
Bowel cancer results online the day after the GP received the results from the hospital, before I got the physical letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to read such a positive post, especially as I work for an NHS ambulance trust, its all negatives these days so pleased to hear some things have gone well.

Nice to read such a positive post, especially as I work for an NHS ambulance trust, its all negatives these days so pleased to hear some things have gone well.
Well the NHS has my vote too, apart from a six-hour visit to A&E this year I have nothing but praise for those working in the NHS hospitals, I've always received friendly, polite and compassion from all I have met within the service. God bless them all........

Full House so well done.

You say PSA test is routine, how often should that be carried out, only recall having it done once unless I'm not aware of it being done since.

I’ve had a little moan in the past, mainly because I don’t seem to get the reviews that others on here get. Never had any foot checks etc but I’m pretty sure i could recognise problems myself with my own body and am confident I would be seen should there be an issue. As my middle daughter has just started as a nursing associate I can get a better understanding of what life in the nhs can be like. I worry she made the right choice , she just wants to help people but I’m just hoping she keeps that light in her eyes for the job and it’s everything she hopes it will be

I had to look up PSA test and now understand why it is not something I have come across 🙄
But interested to see it is not routine as the NHS say it is "controversial"

Only as it's a starting point.
No, it is not a definite yes or no.
But it is a good possible.

So, I may have a false negative.
That's better than a definite not knowing.

I may get a false positive.
Then I get more tests to find out the actual answer.

However, it is routine, but on request.
Which is bad.

I always said I want to see what kills me, I don't want death to sneak up and blindside me.
So, if I can get a meaningful answer, which I can, that works for me.

I appreciate some people may not want to know, but there can be very positive outcomes if prostate cancer is found early, so I can't say there is a downside to finding it here.
Others may have different opinions.

I’ve had a little moan in the past, mainly because I don’t seem to get the reviews that others on here get. Never had any foot checks etc but I’m pretty sure i could recognise problems myself with my own body and am confident I would be seen should there be an issue. As my middle daughter has just started as a nursing associate I can get a better understanding of what life in the nhs can be like. I worry she made the right choice , she just wants to help people but I’m just hoping she keeps that light in her eyes for the job and it’s everything she hopes it will be
You should still be having a foot check. I got one on my second diabetes appointment with the practice nurse

Glad to hear you’ve been getting well looked after @travellor

Hope the PSAs come back all clear

You should still be having a foot check. I got one on my second diabetes appointment with the practice nurse
I very rarely get my feet checked. They are never checked on GP based reviews.
Hospital reviews tickle my feet about once every 3 or 4 years.

I get mine checked every year.
I'm still in my summer sandals, which can be a discussion point.

But I do check mine myself.
So long as my feet still have the normal hairy bits on the top, they are ok.
When they start to lose the hair, I'll worry.

To finish the year.
Got the letter back from my NHS retinopathy which I had recently.
All clear. 🙂
Great news. How long did your results take? Haven't had mine through on the NHS app yet but it has only been a couple of weeks

Great news. How long did your results take? Haven't had mine through on the NHS app yet but it has only been a couple of weeks
My recent retinopathy screening results came in within the week. That's the fastest yet, I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back