another tablet question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proudspirit

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
sorry i think that someone has already asked how to remember taking tablets but i think that i took my BP tablet this morning but just looked and saw that the end pocket for Saturday has been opened but Tuesday isn't. I might have just opened any pocket without looking or i might not have taken a tablet at all.
Should i take another just in case or leave it?

Thanks in advance

Julie xx

Hi Julie

I take 2 each day for BP and generally if I think I haven't taken it, or realise I have forgotten I just leave it and start again the next day? I take Losartan and Bendrofluaz...something that I can't spell and even less pronounce!

Hope this helps.

Personally, I would not take one. Have a look on the patient information sheet. It should tell you what to do if you forget a dose.

Just write a note on a piece of paper and put it in the box in case you forget again.

sorry i think that someone has already asked how to remember taking tablets but i think that i took my BP tablet this morning but just looked and saw that the end pocket for Saturday has been opened but Tuesday isn't. I might have just opened any pocket without looking or i might not have taken a tablet at all.
Should i take another just in case or leave it?

Thanks in advance

Julie xx

Hi Julie >> I'm not on any tablets , but personally I would leave it and not take another 😱 Sometimes I have not been quite sure if Ive injected my Insulin as I can do it on Auto-pilot 😱:D If in doubt I wait till the next time it is due . Only a personal preferance though, some people may disagree.

I'd do the same as Alan - read the patient information leaflet. If you've lost the leaflet, then ask your pharmacist, by phone or in person. At least with tablets in day labelled foil packs, you know whether or not you've taken one.

Thanks guys, i decided not to take one, i think i have taken saturdays instead of tuesdays or i would have forgotten sunday and monday too and i know i haven't forgotten 3 days!

Must pay more attention!

Julie x

I always go on the side of caution. If I think I haven't taken one then I always wait until the next day/next time the dose is due just to be safe. Surely missing one dose of something isn't going to be the end of the world.

I always go on the side of caution. If I think I haven't taken one then I always wait until the next day/next time the dose is due just to be safe. Surely missing one dose of something isn't going to be the end of the world.

I agree - far better than potentially overdosing. I read all the leaflets with my meds and they all say to just miss rather than risk too much. I looked at my statin and BP pills last night and was very surprised to see that I have in fact missed taking both of them the night before! Must be catching!😱

don't forget "the Pill"

The one tablet really not to miss is progesterone only oral contraceptive pill - must be taken within 12 hours of "proper time", otherwise barrier methods needed for rest of cycle. So, forgetting to take doesn't just affect women!

If I think I have forogtten to take a pill, I leave it till the next one is due unless I feel ill. then I'll ask for advice.

One way to not forget is to get one of those pillmate boxes with lots of compartments in them marked with times of the day and days of the week. If you have taken them in order, and think you have forgotten, the pill will or wont be in the appropriate place.

Most people (me includded) forget to take pills at some time or other, so you are not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back