Another rubbish diabetes day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoventryTrev

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
My numbers have been all over the place today, ranging from 3.7 to 24.8. I'm going to see my diabetes nurse on Friday because I'm doing everything I've been told to do and it makes no difference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220917-203319.jpg
    Screenshot_20220917-203319.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 15
My numbers have been all over the place today, ranging from 3.7 to 24.8. I'm going to see my diabetes nurse on Friday because I'm doing everything I've been told to do and it makes no difference.
So sorry you are having a tough time with your glucose levels at the moment. Do you keep a diary or log of what you are eating and the spikes, lows etc. I notice you are type 3c which I dont know much about, are you on insulin or other medication? Good luck with your DN on Friday x

That’s frustrating. It may be that as you look to be sitting high generally that you had an over correction which lead to the hypo and then a rebound high from treating it.

Has basal testing been discussed with you? If you can get that near correct then you can look at whether your bolus ratios need adjusting.

Ah @CoventryTrev :(

Those times are so frustrating! Not to mention hugely demotivating :( :(

Hang in there. You will get through this.

Sometimes it help trying to make smaller interventions - so either leaving doses to run their course, or aiming for the outer edges of your range. And being extra careful with the 15 rule for treating low BGs to try to avoid rebounds.

The gluco-coaster is no fun. At. All. But you aren’t alone in having faced frustrations like this.

We are rooting for you 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back