Another pair of new trousers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrvineHimself

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
With reference to my recent post on sheltered housing, I was invited out to view the retirement community: Set in large private grounds, it was a bit like an up-market halls of residence with a large single studio, en-suite wet floor shower, en-suite kitchen and a couple of walk-in storage cupboards. A real plus was it is literally 500 metres from Portobello beach. After talking to the campus convener, I was advised to email the head-honcho in Glasgow and tell her I had seen the place and was still interested. Which I duly did.

The upshot is that the final decision on this property will be made next week and, barring an emergency referral from a hospital or whatever, I am definitely in the running. More importantly, even if I am unsuccessful on this occasion, I was once again advised that several other similar properties are due to become available over the next few weeks. In particular, one in Stockbridge (a very wealthy part of central Edinburgh)

The upshot is that, while trying not to jinx it, I am feeling very positive and have started to make active plans on how exactly I am going to move my library into my eventual new domicile.

As part of the basic groundwork, in order to devote my limited financial resources to making myself comfortable and personalising where ever I end up, I need to clear the decks of any lingering expenses. So, with this in mind, I have been out rejuvenating my wardrobe and acquiring comfortable lounging attire. Which leads us to the subject of this post: I am now on my fourth pair of jeans since April, and my waist is down from 44" to 36" 😎

Very impressive! My waist is down since August, I have acquired work trousers now in the next size down from the ones I had, but I haven't yet bought new jeans/ trousers for casual wear as I haven't found any I like enough to spend the money so I'm just wearing a belt to keep them up. I'm going to need a new belt soon though, it's getting loose on the tightest hole

Hope the accommodation works out for you @IrvineHimself

And congrats on the shrinking waistline 🙂

What brilliant news @IrvineHimself, both on the accommodation and waist size! 🙂

What brilliant news @IrvineHimself, both on the accommodation and waist size!
Yes, it is quite cheery, but, as I keep reminding friends and acquaintances, I'm only on the short list. I have not yet received a firm offer.

With regard to my ever shrinking waistline, that is definite progress. However, I still have a very large, stubborn spare tyre of visceral [belly] fat.

Well done on the new waistline and the positive news about a new place to live! It was quite a surprise to when I went down from 38 to 32 in a few months (And expensive, as I had to get a whole new wardrobe). The 32 size is still too loose, I have to wear a belt, but I struggled to get 30s past my hip bones. The fat has gone, but the bones stick out now in places where they didn't use to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back