Another food experiment ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I thought I would try a finger slice of Xmas cake. Not normally my choice of food but was interested to see the BG return.

I ate a slice which was covered in Marzipan icing I think. I didn't really enjoy any of this cake.

Tested BG two hours later and received a 6.1 for my trouble. Less than I thought it was going to be. It was more than any of my regular meals and much less filling. No wonder moderation is an important element of diet.

In Tesco this morning, all the different size Easter Eggs are on display.

Happy new year and keep healthy.

I thought I would try a finger slice of Xmas cake. Not normally my choice of food but was interested to see the BG return.

I ate a slice which was covered in Marzipan icing I think. I didn't really enjoy any of this cake.

Tested BG two hours later and received a 6.1 for my trouble. Less than I thought it was going to be. It was more than any of my regular meals and much less filling. No wonder moderation is an important element of diet.

In Tesco this morning, all the different size Easter Eggs are on display.

Happy new year and keep healthy.

Just been shopping in Sainsburys & all Christmas food is reduced tucked away in a corner, where christmas stock was on shelfs only 2 weeks ago is now full of Easter eggs, crazy isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back