Another faulty Libre2 sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merryterry

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have just activated another Kibre2 sensor that is faulty. This is my 5th in six months. I think Libre is a wonderful system when it works.
Abbot change it with no problems as though they are used to it.
The replacements always work OK which leads me to believe they have no Quality Control

I have just activated another Kibre2 sensor that is faulty. This is my 5th in six months. I think Libre is a wonderful system when it works.
The replacements always work OK which leads me to believe they have no Quality Control
My biggest sticking point with the sensors is they sometimes don't stick too well. Ive been using them for a few years and have been very reliable, very accurate. In that three years, just 3 have come loose after just a few days. No quarrel with replacing them. All in all, a truly wonderful and life changing bit of technology.

My current Libre 2 failure rate is 4 out of 19 sensors. Generally I am happy with their performance and as @Amity Island says, they are indeed a life changing bit of tech.

Not sure about quality control statement.

Just find it strange that some of us have no issues or very few whereas others have continous issues, if it was down to QC wouldnt we all have problems with device?

What types of failure have you been getting? Mine were mainly adhesion issues, 1 was a failure, just stopped working.
2 were reading 2 to 3 mmol lower than BG, 1 gave sensor error continually (looked to be the filament had bent on insertion) and 1 failed to stick.

On the point of sensors coming loose we have to remember that our outer skin is dead skin. I now use a pumice stone to clean the area before cleaningwith alcohol swap.

On the point of sensors coming loose we have to remember that our outer skin is dead skin. I now use a pumice stone to clean the area before cleaningwith alcohol swap.

Yes, I always exfoliate with a shower mitt before applying. I have quite dry skin so I need to make sure that outer dry flakey layer is removed otherwise I am sticking the sensor to loose flakey skin.

I also use an elastic watch face type armband which has been a very worthwhile investment for protecting my Libre and seems to really help it get a good hold in the first 24 hours which is probably when it is at it's most vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back