Another faulty libre sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amity Island

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just had another Libre sensor failure. This time instead of it falling off, the reading went to zero (LO). It was very worrying for a moment! I've never had a blood sugar reading that low, ever...So out comes the old faithful blood test meter, reading was 5.8mmol and I checked it a second time reading came to 7.5mmol.

Last edited:
If it was newly fitted, it may not have got going properly. I had a LO before dinner tonight, according to a sensor fitted at lunchtime. BG on the steam driven system said 2.2. Close enough, had jelly babies as an amuse bouche before the meal. Just descending from an 11.2 peak, consisting of 5 JB’s and fish pie. I’ve never had a sensor failure in 18 months of constant use.

If it was newly fitted, it may not have got going properly. I had a LO before dinner tonight, according to a sensor fitted at lunchtime. BG on the steam driven system said 2.2. Close enough, had jelly babies as an amuse bouche before the meal. Just descending from an 11.2 peak, consisting of 5 JB’s and fish pie. I’ve never had a sensor failure in 18 months of constant use.
Hi Mikey, the chap from abbott also asked me that same question, it had been on for 6 days. When I saw that reading of LO I was thinking why am I still conscious!

What intrigues me is how some folk get sensor failures with some regularity and I’ve never had one at all. I expect it intrigues Abbott as well.

What intrigues me is how some folk get sensor failures with some regularity and I’ve never had one at all. I expect it intrigues Abbott as well.
Me too! I must say today, after removing that faulty sensor my arm is really sore. It's not usually sore.

It is really weird - but very occasionally I get that with cannulas too, and then again sometimes (eg this very morning) they hurt so much on actual insertion of the introducer needle and it just being there it brings tears to my eyes and a perfect cannula has to be pulled straight out again and thrown away without even being primed.

I guess it means our peripheral nerve endings just there must be in full working order? LOL Or - am I fooling meself?

I have three faulty Libre sensors in a row that were faulty and got replaced, the next three were nearly perfect and the latest one has decided to read everything higher four days before my diabetes hospital review!

My sensors always read a bit higher when I am high and a bit lower when I am low.
My consultant is not surprised by this and takes this into account when looking at the summary data tha5 I have downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back