Annual review

Status
Not open for further replies.

bja

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone else have to wait 4-6 months to get a review after their annual blood test, and do all diabetics get told it's the diabetes causing all other medical problems ie headaches, stress, low sex drive.

In a word no! I get my review within in weeks of my blood tests.

I can get a review within a couple of weeks of my tests.
About eight years after my diagnosis, I went through a phase of being told everything is related to diabetes: “ everyone will experience some complications after eight to ten years.” (I haven’t got any complications after nearly 20 years.) In the last ten years ago, I don’t think I have heard that excuse again.

Does anyone else have to wait 4-6 months to get a review after their annual blood test, and do all diabetics get told it's the diabetes causing all other medical problems ie headaches, stress, low sex drive.
Have you been able to get the results of the tests?
In a lot of Practices you are able to access the results online, so you then know the values for each of the tests and you can compare these to the target values. Once the blood tests have been done we are then asked to book in an appointment about two weeks later for our review with the Practice nurse. That gives them a chance to tickle our toes. If all is well it will be another 6 months or a year before the next round If test and review.

During Covid this changed a little and if we were stable we missed some tests. It may take some Practices a while to catch up on the back log, but certainly waiting a few months for the results would be weird. Can you phone to get these and then ask for an appointment?

It is not uncommon to have things lumped in with your diabetes!! However there is more to us than our diabetes, and sometimes we have to persist to get over that barrier. However there are some very common side effects of having higher BGs so if levels are higher it is understandable that they need to consider these in looking to solve a problem.

Thankyou for all your replies. I will phone and make an appointment asap. The last foot check was March 2020 and no follow up so assumed all ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back