Annual eye test

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivygirl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just got back from my annual eye test. Everything ok, 2 very small bleeds in my right eye but nothing to worry about. Was surprised to learn the pictures are sent to the hospital in Plymouth then on to the eye hospital so quite a few experts check them. What was so nice was the bubbly, friendly lady who did my eye test. She explained how and why she did everything. I had more info today than I have ever had. Very reassuring! The drops were ok and not painful. It felt as though I was peeling very mild onions for less than a minute!! So for everyone who is waiting for their test, it really is nothing to worry about!!

hi pat pleased things went ok and nothing to major to worry about x

Hi Im glad it all went well for you , thanks for letting us know how it went . I'm sure your post will be reasuring to all our members still waiting for their first screening . 🙂

Last edited:
Glad it all went OK, it is reassuring for newbies going for the first time who realy don't know what to expect.

Hi Pat ..

Glad the eye test went ok ... Very reassuring for those waiting for their first.

Heidi
xx🙂

Glad it wasn't too bad, I hate my eye tests. It would be great to get some feedback right away, it can be hard waiting for the letter to arrive.

Glad it wasn't too bad, I hate my eye tests. It would be great to get some feedback right away, it can be hard waiting for the letter to arrive.

Have you tried Specsavers Nikki? I had my first one done the the Diabetes Clinic - the drops hurt like hell but at least I got immediate feedback. Then 6 months later I went for my normal eye test at Specsavers and they gave me another retinal screen - the drops didn't hurt at all and they gave me immediate feedback as well?

Have you tried Specsavers Nikki? I had my first one done the the Diabetes Clinic - the drops hurt like hell but at least I got immediate feedback. Then 6 months later I went for my normal eye test at Specsavers and they gave me another retinal screen - the drops didn't hurt at all and they gave me immediate feedback as well?

My first eye test was at the hospital, and my last couple were at an opticians. I was given immediate feedback but was told the pictures would have to go to the hospital for comaprison to the last set.

Specsavers varies vastly, in my area the Specsavers I would not reccomentd, but in other areas people have nothing but praise...

Where I live, the hospital sends technicians out to local surgeries where they take the photos. As well as telling you if they see anything, they can show you the pictures on their laptop straight away.

Personally, I don't like SpecSavers. I've had a few pairs of glasses from them in the past and they always seem to be twisted and don't fit properly. Again though, ymmv.

Where I live, the hospital sends technicians out to local surgeries where they take the photos. As well as telling you if they see anything, they can show you the pictures on their laptop straight away.

Personally, I don't like SpecSavers. I've had a few pairs of glasses from them in the past and they always seem to be twisted and don't fit properly. Again though, ymmv.

My last pair of specsavers glasses didn't fit properly till I tripped over a toy and bashed my hed and sent the glasses skew wiff, and this was AFTER I'd been in a few times to get them altered. I'm changing my opticians, there are a couple near me I like the look of better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back