Annual Diabetic Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuartB

Gets worse in 2022, blood test, had to get a separate height, weight and foot test. Wait 2 weeks for telephone consultation, no resulrs to compare to last year. GP surgeries not following best practices

Not quite sure what you were expecting, @StuartB - you haven't yet told us anything that would enable us to see if we agree with what you say, or not. You have told us you have a medical driving licence so that quite possibly means to me that you're using insulin - but what Type of diabetes do you have and who is responsible for providing the medical treatment for it? I have Type 1, I'm seen by the hospital diabetes Clinic twice a year - but my GP surgery also do an annual diabetes review where I have height weight BP and toe 'tickling' done and before armageddon, oh sorry I meant the pandemic starting they also arranged blood tests too but their blood tests fell by the wayside. Being T1 on insulin of course I also keep a fairly close eye on my own day to day BG, cos I need to test before eating most things in order for my insulin pump (or me, doing the maths involved) to calculate what dose of insulin I need to cover the carbs in the meal - including having Libre sensors on prescription - the results of which are shared on an ongoing basis with my D clinic. Hence my annual (or more often) HbA1c test result has hardly ever been a great surprise to anyone having an interest in it.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with the care you have been receiving @StuartB

Do you have electronic access to your current and previous HBA1c results and any other checks you’ve had done. I can access mine via Patient Access or the NHS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back