Annual Check Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWJ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just back from my annual update. Bloods average 5.4; Cholesterol 3.0; Liver & Kidney function tests fine. Only downside blood pressure high at 150 over 110..............whatever that means???
Then Doctor (new one) drops a bombshell. Says she's not sure I'm really Type 1 (after 3+ years!). Wants to do further tests next month! How weird is that?

Oh my god, not sure if your type 1 or not.................interesting to see how that work outs.............thats a good HbA1c right enough........🙂

Hi Ron first good news on the bloods and choles, wow what a shock and a half theres more and more people on here getting there diagnosis questioned when they start seeing a new doctor surely its just not acceptable how is someone supposed to deal with that grr,hope the tests are dong next month and your not left wondering and waiting for weeks x

Well done on the numbers Ron - I can sympathise with the BP numbers. Ideally they should be around 130/80 - the lower number is considered the most important. Have you got any meds for the BP?

It's not one of those docs who thinks you're too old for Type 1 is it?

Then Doctor (new one) drops a bombshell. Says she's not sure I'm really Type 1 (after 3+ years!). Wants to do further tests next month! How weird is that?

Hope they figure it out for you soon Ron! 🙂

Thanx guys and gals, nice to get such speedy supportive responses. Not on any BP tablets yet, she wants to wait for further blood and urine sample tests in four weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back