annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
been on my inslin for 3weeks now blood count has been going down got up this morning and its up to 11.3 last nite when i took it itwas 6 does any one know what went wrong:confused:

been on my inslin for 3weeks now blood count has been going down got up this morning and its up to 11.3 last nite when i took it itwas 6 does any one know what went wrong:confused:

Dear Trevann,

Firstly, welcome to the forum. I'm Type 2 so I can't really offer advice. However, are you carb counting? If so maybe you havn't yet got your ratios right. I'm sure one of our knowledgeable T1s will be along to help.

Regards Dodger

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like what is known as Dawn Phenomenon. Because it is a long time between when you ate and when you get up in the morning, the liver puts extra glucose into your system. Even when you are asleep you need a cetain ammount of energy for your organs to work, and the liver gives them this energy in releasing the extra glucose.

It is all very confusing in the begining, but as you become more aware of what is happening things become easier.

Late heavy carb meal that raised your blood sugar over night.
Dawn phenonemon as caroline explained.
Or maybe you hypo'd overnight and blood sugar rebounded up.
Or it's just diabetes? What I mean is sometimes we get results we can't explained, or our blood results down't go as expected. One off results don't always mean much, look for a pattern in your readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back