Annoyed Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindatype1

Relationship to Diabetes
Carer/Partner
Took my husband to the doctors last night, checked his blood pressure it was fine, checked his chest fine, examined stomach seemed fine, he has had severe diarrhoea, sickness and constant hiccuping for the last 5 days not eating and hard to get him to drink water ( have resorted to threats ) doctor gave me a prescription for Dioalyte Relief Oral powder sachets went to Asda got none in, went to Salisbury none till Monday looked on Google to see which chemist was open called in passed the prescription got it then told me he cant have it because he his a diabetic and would not let me have them, said the doctor knows he his he would not have given him if he could not have them but no he said he could not risk it. Finally found chemist and that one said it was fine for him to have them. What a day it has been.

Goodness! What a runaround @Lindatype1 - you must be exhausted.

Glad you were able to get them in the end.

Hope your husband recovers quickly and is back to full strength very soon 🙂

Dioalyte Relief Oral powder sachets can be bought over the counter.
Also do a google search as you can make your own at home.

Took my husband to the doctors last night, checked his blood pressure it was fine, checked his chest fine, examined stomach seemed fine, he has had severe diarrhoea, sickness and constant hiccuping for the last 5 days not eating and hard to get him to drink water ( have resorted to threats ) doctor gave me a prescription for Dioalyte Relief Oral powder sachets went to Asda got none in, went to Salisbury none till Monday looked on Google to see which chemist was open called in passed the prescription got it then told me he cant have it because he his a diabetic and would not let me have them, said the doctor knows he his he would not have given him if he could not have them but no he said he could not risk it. Finally found chemist and that one said it was fine for him to have them. What a day it has been.
You can buy these in the supermarket or boots without a prescription off the shelf doesn’t need to be a pharmacy counter which will save the NHS the cost or it’s really easy to make at home, just mix water salt and sugar. Google has the right proportions.

most supermarkets do their own version of the rehydration powders which are much cheaper and just as good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back