Announcement: New Moderator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I hope you will all join me in thanking AlisonM for agreeing to take on the role of Moderator for the forums! Ally hasn't been on the forum long, nor has she had diabetes long, but she has made many friends in the short time she has been here, she's tech-savvy, Scottish, and for those of you who have wondered if this whole empire is run as a lucrative tax-dodge scheme for Type 1s, she has Type 2 diabetes!

Welcome Ally!:D

Brilliant choice! Well done Alison - keep us on the straight and narrow. And if Northerner tries to talk you into a KATE BUSH section - just ignore him - he cant help himself - poor thing.:DBev

Brilliant choice! Well done Alison - keep us on the straight and narrow. And if Northerner tries to talk you into a KATE BUSH section - just ignore him - he cant help himself - poor thing.:DBev

Gah! She's too quick for me!😱😉

48px-Face-blush.svg.png

Hey, well done Alison, hope you'll be very happy in your new role! :D

xx

Congrats on your new role, Alison. And good luck! 🙂🙂

Thank you all. I'm well aware that this is an honour especially as I'm so new to both the forum and the disease. I'll do my utmost not to let you down.

Congrats Allison from another Scot. Maybe the next meet up should be up here?

fantasic news and excellant choice ally and i joined around the same time and she has been a fantastic poster and threader on here. . Although not been Diagnoised for long she has lots of different life experiences...which will help all on here....she writes good poetry too!!🙂🙂🙂🙂

Burns Night

Sorry, a bit slow to join this thread, due to work and driving, as usual, but had already PMed AlisonM as soon as I heard the news - great news for all sorts of reasons.
As I'm living too far from Scotland to visit often just now, I only come for adventure races / mountain marathons / sailing / climbing / skiing or to visit cousins / aunt & uncle in Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Oban. However, I have continued my Mum's tradition of always having a haggis supper for Burns Night with residents of wherever I'm staying, which has resulted in introducing people from England, Wales, Ireland, Germany, Norway, Canada, Australia, Jordan, Malaysia, India, Costa Rica etc to the delicacy.
Have a great meet in Edinburgh!

Sorry, a bit slow to join this thread, due to work and driving, as usual, but had already PMed AlisonM as soon as I heard the news - great news for all sorts of reasons.
As I'm living too far from Scotland to visit often just now, I only come for adventure races / mountain marathons / sailing / climbing / skiing or to visit cousins / aunt & uncle in Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Oban. However, I have continued my Mum's tradition of always having a haggis supper for Burns Night with residents of wherever I'm staying, which has resulted in introducing people from England, Wales, Ireland, Germany, Norway, Canada, Australia, Jordan, Malaysia, India, Costa Rica etc to the delicacy.
Have a great meet in Edinburgh!

we got into haggis and neeps when living in caithness ...but we used to take off the metal rings mircowave it for a bit then Roast it in the oven like a big sausage it is LOOVELY ummm

haggis, tatties and neeps

A Scottish guy has been lodging with my partner and I for nearly 3 years - and he's introduced me to microwaving haggis (metal clips & bag removed) in 2 blasts, 2nd blast with a shake of Worcestershire Sauce, which is great. It always seemed a waste of whisky to shake on the haggis - instead of drinking it! Of course, with tatties and neeps. But his English born children won't try haggis.
Hope AlisonM doesn't mind this thread diverting into Scottish food!

Not all, it spares my blushes. For those who might be concerned, we had haggis neeps and a wee bit of tatty the other night and it didn't do anything drastic to my numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back