Animal Insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I got the impression (maybe incorrectly) at the MeetUp that I was the only one on animal insulin (porcine). Who of you are on animal insulin? Also did anybody go back onto animal insulin after an unsuccessful changeover to synthetic human insulin and subsequently change to one of the newer insulins?

Hi falcon, I'm sure we do have people who have done as you have, although they may not be posting at the moment (Type1 Sue springs to mind). We do have a lot of 'veterans' though, as we discovered recently, so I'm sure they will be along soon to relate their experiences.

Hi! I thought I would push this to the top for the weekend. Is no one else on animal insulin? I know a number of people like myself who were unable to change over to synthetic insulin. Did you change successfully to synthetic human insulin. Alternatively did you stay on animal insulin and subsequently change to one of the more recent insulins? Would be interested to hear. Thanks.

Hi Falcon,
I'm on human insulin but my sister is on porcine. She changed over to human insulin about five years ago and she couldn't stop crying, awful mood swings etc. She went straight back onto the porcine and hasn't touched anything else since.

Am not on insulin, but wanted to push this back towards top until someone else is able to help.

hi, My daughter has just been put on pig insulin, 3 days ago after building up so many antibodies to human , non of them would work. Very scarry after 22 years and shes only 25. so early days. See our story on "antibodies" thread.So glad to hear its working well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back