Andy Burnham: Hunt’s attitude on the NHS betrays his complacency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
WHEN people say it is getting harder to get a GP appointment, it’s the fault of those lazy GPs. When people say there aren’t enough nurses, he says these modern nurses just don’t care anymore. And when people point out that hospital A&Es have not hit his A&E target for over a year, it’s all the fault of NHS England.

This is classic Jeremy Hunt. When in a corner, quickly point at someone else. When he’s in a really big hole, the Health Secretary’s failsafe is to blame the last Labour government.

Responding to my claim that NHS services are being forced out to tender, he tweeted that privatisation of the NHS “isn’t happening”.

Try telling that, Jeremy, to the group of mums from Darlington who just walked 300 miles to protest about it, and the hundreds of Yorkshire people who joined them. Or to the GP surgery who tweeted this in reply: “@HonitonSurgery: privatisation isn’t happening? Really? Our school nurses & health visitors now work for Virgin & not the NHS!”. Or the Halifax GP who wrote to his patients to warn them that the situation is no longer safe.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news...-on-the-nhs-betrays-his-complacency-1-6870269

Andy Burnham:D LOL wasn't he the man that presided over mid staffs and all those sad losses of life. Oh and didn't he introduce more private investment into the NHS than this coalition.

You can tell when he is telling lies, his lips move.:D

ETA I would love to ask him that if he is so keen to save the NHS from privatisation why does he not want to give us a vote on Europe and the very people that WILL make it happen.

Last edited:
ETA I would love to ask him that if he is so keen to save the NHS from privatisation why does he not want to give us a vote on Europe and the very people that WILL make it happen.

My thoughts exactly
As per lying- the above statement is true of just about any politician

The only decent politicians are the "little guys" who are more engaged with their communities

btw Our health minister's middle name is Whaddock

Whatever else you say about Andy Burnham he did set in place the enquiry that uncovered what happened at Hillsborough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back