Android App for BG Logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBZ5416

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I use a Caresens Dual BG meter & looking for a better logging app than their SmartLog. It's OK but has two major flaws (IMO).

You can record oral meds but not dose. So I can tell it that I took Metformin but not what strength or how many.

But the biggest bugbear is that you can't edit or delete a BG reading. So on occasions where a strip produces an erroneous reading, it distorts reporting of average levels. This happens frequently enough that I now no longer sync over bluetooth & enter readings manually. That way I can simply discard the bogus reading. So if I'm entering manually into SmartLog, I may as well enter manually into another app.

I've had a look at Health2Sync today & it looks quite good even at the free level, but it annoying can't be set to UK date format. There's also no direct date entry so when entering historical data, you have to scroll through a calendar a month at a time. I've also looked at MySugr & Diabetes Connect & they both seem to also suffer with USA date formats.

So what do others use?

Last edited:
I use MySugr. No idea what you mean about suffering from US date formats it’s very clear to me as it writes the month in full

Attachments

• E7649683-6B26-4442-BCE5-AC0A6408CDB8.jpeg
    E7649683-6B26-4442-BCE5-AC0A6408CDB8.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 2
I use MySugr. No idea what you mean about suffering from US date formats it’s very clear to me as it writes the month in full
Thanks. Never even got as far as entering data as the screen is in USA format.

Will investigate further in the morning.

Last edited:
That must be a setting choice somewhere as mine is clear. 7/1/2023 is UK format though on the 7th January, and mmol is UK too. Which bit is the USA issue?

Attachments

• 07DF17D2-B5A4-4046-9F14-6E8BB6E212BF.png
    07DF17D2-B5A4-4046-9F14-6E8BB6E212BF.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 3
I use Mysugr and have done for years you can log medication doses, also edit and delete.

@Lucyr
Good point, well made! I'd actually deleted it then re-installed after your post. I'm sure that screen was showing a US date format originally, but clearly my brain had ceased to function by the time I posted the screenshot. 🙄

As others have said , mysugr or another one recommended by my dsn is called mylife, which comes with a free bolus calculator too.

As others have said , mysugr or another one recommended by my dsn is called mylife, which comes with a free bolus calculator too.
I love the layout of the mylife one but wish they’d sort out the dose increments. You can only change it by 0.1 at a time so have to press down 50 times if you want to say knock 5u off the recommended dose for activity or add a few units for whatever reason. Tried it for a day yesterday to see if it had changed but gone back to MySugr now. Shame as it lays the dose out so nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back