Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The lovely Steffie with 6.9%

My actual HbA1C is...*drumroll*

7.0%

It came up in conversation with nursey from southampton on my lunch break today, she phoned me in regard to the big mess up with the whole appointment and being on the books thing (but that's a different story).

I wasn't expecting miracles and this is quite a big rise from my previous 6.4%. However, I feel much more comfortble and feel this reflects the super hard work I've been putting in over the past few months (say what you will, but I know how much work I've put in...) and it's nicer and more comfortable having this thanks to having less hypos. It is a struggle still, and there is much more hard work to be done and the better control will come in the next few months to a year. But I will get there. I am utterly determined to, and determined to prove the doubters wrong.

And tonight, even though a tiny part of me is a tad dissapointed (I did like the 6's), I am having a few glasses of wine to celebrate along with a nice korma and slice of cake :D

Hey Sam thats good first hbA on the pump is it not??I thought you were getting results on the 21st? dang wish i could get my results so quick hehe...

p.s pleased to see you could get a basal test done x

p.p.s ha andy im level pegging for the day with you , (personaloe there)

Hey Sam thats good first hbA on the pump is it not??I thought you were getting results on the 21st? dang wish i could get my results so quick hehe...

p.s pleased to see you could get a basal test done x

my appointment was cancelled due to rubbish funding cuts in my pct 😡 hence chatting with nursey 🙂

I demand a recount!

THE HBA1C KING HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

As you say Sam, it is a starting point and if you weren't putting the effort in, it would have been a lot worse. Well done and I hope that the pump really starts doing its 'stuff' for you soon.

Andy 🙂

Most people do find they can go up when new to the pump - 7% is still great and if its not down to having lots of hypo's then thats a bonus - well done.🙂Bev

Thank you so much everyone

Bev and Adrienne, thank you so much for your help and getting me convinced that pumping was for me, and for helping me learn to carb count. You guys are awesome.

And everyone here is wonderful.

I am just one chuffed bunny tonight :D

Nice one Sam - you'll be back in the 6s before too long, I've no doubt! 🙂

woopity woo chuffed bunny !! hehee well done xx:D

Thank you so much everyone

Bev and Adrienne, thank you so much for your help and getting me convinced that pumping was for me, and for helping me learn to carb count. You guys are awesome.

And everyone here is wonderful.

I am just one chuffed bunny tonight :D

No problemo, you did all the hard work though.

I think that 7% is just the best you could have hoped for, I really think it is fantastic. 6.4% was obviously a rubbish result due to hypos but you know and we know that the 7% is superdooper as it is due to proper levels.

7% is nothing to be sneezed at. There are kids out there (and no doubt adults) striving to get anywhere in the 7's so well done you.

Jessica has never got that yet and believe me it is not from the want of trying. We were at 7.3% last time and have clinic on Monday. We get our result while we wait so am on tenterhooks. She has had a few illnesses so am expecting a raise, we shall see.

So well done you and well done your other half for keeping sane !

😛

And tonight, even though a tiny part of me is a tad dissapointed (I did like the 6's), I am having a few glasses of wine to celebrate along with a nice korma and slice of cake :D

A fitting celebration, I think!

Congrats again, that's awesome 🙂

A good result sam.

Im quite fortunate, when i go to clinic they do the test and i get the results 10 mins later when i see the consultant, no waiting :D

A good result sam.

Im quite fortunate, when i go to clinic they do the test and i get the results 10 mins later when i see the consultant, no waiting :D

As do I, if at a GP surgery I would expect to wait......

I remember back in the day I used to get them in 10 mins, but that was yeeears ago at my first ever diabetes clinic at kings lynn

nowadays consultant gives me form, tells me to get test done at least 2 weeks in advance and then I get results. This one was a week later and only bcause I kicked up a stink after getting that nasty letter from southampton pct 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back