..and my hba1c is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucy123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All,

Just got my hba1c result (only took 2 days!) and my first hba1c is ......

6%

So pleased - so onward with the d/e.

Can I just ask what would a non-diabetic hba1c level be?

Think Between 3 And 6

Well done.......

Well done lucy on your 6% that is a fantastic result..keep up the good work.

John

that's really cool then! Really motivated to carry on.

thanks John - feel a bit silly now as been quite nerve racking waiting for it.

Can I just ask what would a non-diabetic hba1c level be?

Well done with your HbA1c - you'll be joining the 5% club next time round I'm sure.

To answer your question, the laboratory reference range varies between labs but is typically 4-6% although there's a huge debate about whether or not that represents a true non-diabetic range.

Thanks all. I am skipping around today!

Think Between 3 And 6

Well done.......

I think 3 would be considered rather low as it would suggest almost constant hypos! There are obviously extremes but I think it's still quite a tight range, between, as Cliff says, 4 and 6%. Personally, I'm very happy to be in the mid-5s.

Well done Lucy! I just knew you were going to do well - that's because you have approached it in a very positive manner, and made good use of all the tools available to you - even if the nurse is against testing! How can she dispute the efficacy with a number like that?

Brilliant! Keep up the good work! :D

I think 3 would be considered rather low as it would suggest almost constant hypos! There are obviously extremes but I think it's still quite a tight range, between, as Cliff says, 4 and 6%. Personally, I'm very happy to be in the mid-5s.

Well done Lucy! I just knew you were going to do well - that's because you have approached it in a very positive manner, and made good use of all the tools available to you - even if the nurse is against testing! How can she dispute the efficacy with a number like that?

Brilliant! Keep up the good work! :D

It was something I read a while back, couldnt be sure where it was taken from..........I think most people without it would be at 5ish.......

well done Lucy 🙂 keep up the positive attitude and all the hard work (and believe me, it is hard work lol!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back