and a question re last nights dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Put this here so more woulf see it and help...

Last night for dinner I had 150g of pasta with chicken, mayo and sausage. I worked out that for everything it should have been on a basis of a 1:8 ratio 16u worth of insulin (split dose)

Pre dinner I was something like 11. So I had 10u (thats the 8 plus correction)

And yet again...very bizaarely no major rises. I ended up going to about 13.0 or so five or six hours after and popping a couple of units in for that.

What's going wrong??? Do my ratios need tweaking???

:confused:

Last edited:
Maybe I have missed other posts but I am not sure why you halved the amount of insulin you worked out you needed? If you think that 1:8g is too much insulin and you needed to cut it in half then yes you do need to tweek that ratio.

Maybe I have missed other posts but I am not sure why you halved the amount of insulin you worked out you needed? If you think that 1:8g is too much insulin and you needed to cut it in half then yes you do need to tweek that ratio.

i split doses with pasta 🙂 I was going to have 8u before and then 8u 2-3 hours after...but levels were pretty ok

Ok that makes sense now, but you found you didn't need the rest. As you raised to 13, then you probably needed some of that 8 units but not all of it. If you were 13 5-6 hours later then maybe you needed a few of those units at 4 hours or so.
getting these splits worked out is tricky, working out what % to split initially and then when to give the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back