An open letter to diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Dear Diabetes

Why are you so nasty to us all? Why? What did we ever do to you to make you behave so badly? You really do treat us like rubbish, making us need to pee all the time if you make our sugars high, or act like drunken idiots if our sugars go low. Not only that you make some of us stab ourselves with needles multiple times a day...

that's not very nice now is it?

I wish you would start behaving yourself and being nice. Because seriously, hiding my hypo awareness from me is seriously evil and I would like it back now. It's been well over a year since you took it away from me, and well, it's time you repaid me and thus your debt to society.

Give it back, or I will report you to the diabetes police.

No love

Me xxx

Dear Diabetes

Why are you so nasty to us all? Why? What did we ever do to you to make you behave so badly? You really do treat us like rubbish, making us need to pee all the time if you make our sugars high, or act like drunken idiots if our sugars go low. Not only that you make some of us stab ourselves with needles multiple times a day...

that's not very nice now is it?

I wish you would start behaving yourself and being nice. Because seriously, hiding my hypo awareness from me is seriously evil and I would like it back now. It's been well over a year since you took it away from me, and well, it's time you repaid me and thus your debt to society.

Give it back, or I will report you to the diabetes police.

No love

Me xxx
I totally agree with that!

LOVE this! Can I get your permission to print and share with others (giving you credit of course!). I think it's important to show our real emotions about having, living and dealing with diabetes, some people just don't understand.

good letter sam 🙂 though if i had to write a letter to diabetes it would be alot longer and more angry! lol hope your ok x

LOVE this! Can I get your permission to print and share with others (giving you credit of course!). I think it's important to show our real emotions about having, living and dealing with diabetes, some people just don't understand.

lol sure, if you really want to 🙂 it could have been much angrier mind...

hehe what a brilliant idea writing a letter to diabetes. I often descibe it to people like having two people in one. my body is one person and my head is the other. does that make sense. almost like when people have an alter ego.

I might have to try writing a letter. get a few things off my chest! :D

hehe what a brilliant idea writing a letter to diabetes. I often descibe it to people like having two people in one. my body is one person and my head is the other. does that make sense. almost like when people have an alter ego.

I actually started a new blog a little while ago to write to my diabetes! It's called 'Dear Diabetes':

http://deardiabetes.blogspot.com/

🙂

That is what its like, me and my crazy body and im a gemini too so i have a spilt personality anyway 🙂

x

That is what its like, me and my crazy body and im a gemini too so i have a spilt personality anyway 🙂

x

hehe i'm a gemini too, maybe thats where i get it from.

i never realised so many people were into blogging. i don't keep up to date with things like that but i'm def going to give them a read. always nice to kwow how other people are getting on🙂

I love the idea of the letter! As for me, I'm a Libra so the scales are either up or down.🙂

im a saggitarius dont havr a clue what that means :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back